Training set up and burnt rubber!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirty Camino

Regular
Finally got my indoor training setup, set up...

Not sure if it was outside when I briefly tried it but sure I could smell burnt rubber? I'd that normal? Literally only pedalled for 1 or 2 minutes!

Seems the ant sensor isn't picking up my garmin cadence or speeds sensor so I'll give it a try later with the USB extension cable.

Looking forward to getting started 😀

Attachments

• E9BEB3E7-4B3B-4118-ACD1-B62EE74E53EA.jpeg
    E9BEB3E7-4B3B-4118-ACD1-B62EE74E53EA.jpeg
    318.1 KB · Views: 5

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Could have been dust. Some of the components might get a bit hot and may give off a burning smell if not used before/for a while.
Maybe. Just a thought. Not something I've ever encountered, but maybe I just don't pedal hard enough.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Lovely setup. Not much we can do in terms of advice with this little information - I suppose just keep riding and see if it happens again?

Is the turbo and training tyre new? Maybe there's some sort of protective layer that rubs off after a few kilometres?

OP
OP
D

Dirty Camino

Regular
By which time you were bored rigid.

@Phateon I think this comment says a lot more about you, than it does me. Since joining this forum I was thinking what a positive space CC is, and then you pop along with nothing to say except negativity.

This set up is to allow me to fit exercise in at home when I struggle to find time to ride outside and hopefully get help me lose weight and get me fit so I am more comfortable/less self conscious riding outside.

I'm not one to quote Ronan Keating very often but in this case I think if you don't have anything positive to contribute, then "you say it best, when you say nothing at all"

@cyberknight, thanks for the link, I'll check it out!

D

Deleted member 26715

@Phateon I think this comment says a lot more about you, than it does me. Since joining this forum I was thinking what a positive space CC is, and then you pop along with nothing to say except negativity.

This set up is to allow me to fit exercise in at home when I struggle to find time to ride outside and hopefully get help me lose weight and get me fit so I am more comfortable/less self conscious riding outside.

I'm not one to quote Ronan Keating very often but in this case I think if you don't have anything positive to contribute, then "you say it best, when you say nothing at all"

It wasn't a negative comment, I can positively assure you riding a bike & going nowhere is the most boring mind numbing experience you can have, but each to their own, as to quoting Ronald Kettering the least said about that the better.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet

If you walk around even the nicest lawn for long enough - you'll eventually find a piece of crap. Best to go around it and mind your own business. Unfortunately, cycling is full of snobbery - people who tell you that only 'steel is real', that 'virtual cycling isn't cycling' or that 'unless you're doing 350W for 60 minutes, you should just give up', etc, etc, etc... Tribes, factions, fanatics and purists.

Luckily, most of us will say: 'As long as you're pedalling, you're a cyclist - and thus one of us'.

Top Bottom