Tramadol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I don't really know bud. I don't think I've injured it in the traditional sense. Its a tendon impingement, most likely simply one of those things. However, its the same arm as my screwed together elbow and the osteo thinks that injury will have contributed to a greater or lesser degree as I've probably been favouring the arm I've the years causing the rotator cuff structure to weaken and become unstable.
The perils of 'onanism', always have the ability to change hand at 99. :whistle:

vickster

Legendary Member
Aye Foss, a steroid mixed with an aneasthetic. Wasn't that painful at the time or for a few hours after, but near 4 hours on i feel like i've been punched in the shoulder.

I've been in the body and fender shop enough times to strongly suspect I'll be under the knife again with this as well.

Ice it :smile: In the meantime, enjoy that steroid flare ;)

My shoulder surgeon has a very good website, here's his stuff on impingement

http://thelondonshoulderpartnership.co.uk/shoulder-information/shoulder/shoulder-impingement

This is a v good website too
https://www.shoulderdoc.co.uk/section/9

I've just been diagnosed with tendinitis in my ankle...after physio, next up for that is a guided injection, under sedation :eek:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
BTW, no ultrasound Vickster. However, he did stand me up and spent a fair while making me wave my arm about and making comments about muscles and gaps and stuff, so he sounded like he knew what he was talking about.

Apparently my musculature made the injection more awkward that it normally would be, which perked my ego up a smidge.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
BTW, no ultrasound Vickster. However, he did stand me up and spent a fair while making me wave my arm about and making comments about muscles and gaps and stuff, so he sounded like he knew what he was talking about.

Apparently my musculature made the injection more awkward that it normally would be, which perked my ego up a smidge.
It's amazing how a bit of 'exercise' builds those muscles up. :whistle:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
OK, had the injection . wasn't too bad, but the Doc reckons I'll know about it in the morning.

The Doc is the senior medico at the practice, the consultant GP, and he knows I'm an old prog rocker, so to take my mind off the injection he played Wondrous Stories by Yes on his computer for me.
Crikey, I didn't realise it was that bad....

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Excellent link Vickster, thank you. My other, slightly irrelevent, concern about surgery is damage to my tatts.
You would be amazed at how good they are at minimising scarring nowadays, often I see patients with hairline scars that you wouldn't even notice unless you knew their medical history.

vickster

Legendary Member
Excellent link Vickster, thank you. My other, slightly irrelevent, concern about surgery is damage to my tatts.
Well it would presumably be done keyhole. You'd have 2 or 3 x 0.5cm incisions. After 6 weeks, you can barely see them :smile:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Woke up at 0520hrs, went to lever myself upright to get putnof bed, and OH MY GOD! Holy Trump does it hurt this morning, almost passed out with the pain

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Was walking Lemmy last night. A chap stopped and asked me for directions (very polite white van man, lovely manners) and without thinking I switched the lead to my right hand as I leaned in his window to chat. Cue Lemmy spotting a neighbour we know and pulling towards them with his tail in Full Excited Lab Greeting Mode, yanking on my shoulder.

12 hours later it still hurts tremendously, so I'm hoping he hasn't done damage.

Top Bottom