Tramadol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Been feeling a bit low the last few days. A little rudderless, with a sense of foreboding. The feeling isn't quite strong enough to be called depression, but I'd say it's well on the road.

Checked the side effects - depression is listed. Geeerreat. I'm on a fairly high does, 2 x tables, 4 x daily, and they ain't doing much for the pain and are making me feel low, so the sooner I'm off them the better.

Has your GP diagnosed exactly what the problem is with your shoulder and if so is there a solution to the pain. Tramadol is heavy duty stuff, if the pain in your shoulder is this serious they surely need to be fast tracking you for physio or surgery.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Shoulder impingement. I am having physio, I'd go under the knife willingly if it meant some relief.

I'll see what the Doc says tomoz.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If on codeine take two paracetamol with it. It increases the effectiveness. I tend to just take either 45 or 60mg at night with paracetamol. Not keen on the feeling weird during the day. Also had Tramadol.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Tramadol is a bit stronger but feels quite like 60mg codeine.

Now shed loads of morphine is a sure fire way of losing weeks and talking complete crap. The dreams are very vivid though.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
I was on Naproxen and Tramadol last year with my prolapsed disc. After a while I dropped the Naproxen and continued just with the Tramadol. Apart from the pain relief the Tramadol relaxed me and helped me to sleep, however it did cause hallucinations. While falling asleep I could hear music in the background and it started to get a bit annoying when the music in the left ear was different to the music in the right ear.

The biggest problem for me though was coming off the Tramadol, I felt generally unwell and very anxious for a couple of weeks. I also had problems sleeping and sudden bouts of sneezing (dont believe anyone that tells you Tramadol is not adictive).

Penmere

If it's nerve impingement then Gabapentin may offer some relief but this has lots of side effects of it's own

I'm on gabapentin, amitriptyline and fentanyl , a combination that works for me but it did take some getting used to

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Funnily enough, I sneezed last night and the spasm was enough to twang my shoulder and give me several minutes if intense agony and half hour if a hand that wouldn't respond to commands properly.

Doc's at 1120, i'll let you know what she says. Thanks to all for your advice, experiences and concern.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Carry on as is. Got to go next Monday for cortisol injections. I can't wait...

On the plus side the lady Doc looked very scrumptious today, so it's not all bad.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Shoulder tremendously painful this morning. Seems to be radiating down then outside of my arms to my fingers. Desperately hoping the injection on Monday does something.

Top Bottom