Wales : Dyfed Trans Cambrian Route Sat 20th October.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Achieved my fastest ever recorded speed somewhere on the route 71.6km 44.49 mph.Probably recorded the slowest possible speed without falling off on one or two of the climbs as well.:bicycle:

It was an excellent wknd. and a great ride. I dropped Noods at Lime Street station about two o clock, so he's probably in Preston now. I'll leave him to tell you about his train tickets :whistle:

Unfortunately I did not have a good day cycling wise. I probably should have done the sensible thing at the first stop but having ridden the bike for the last 7 weeks with this ride in mind, I didn't do the sensible thing and cracked on. I knew I'd had it by the time we reached the descent to Mach though. Luckily, Noods, kindly put his back out so as to keep me company on the slow train trundle back.

That said, the route was spectacular, the company, excellent and the weather superb. The Newbridge Inn turned out to be an excellent base and I believe we even got a smile out the landlady at the end, or was it wind? I'm sorry not to have shared a pint with Pubby, CC & Bro at the end of the day but me and Noods did at least get to shout out to them as they passed us in the dark screaming down the hill we were struggling back up.

I think I recorded about 44.8 on one descent but a lot of descents were fairly close to the 40mph mark, when I could actually see my speedo through streaming eye's. Some of the corners were quite wet, so a bit of care was needed, I decided, after I nearly overcooked one and ended up between Pubbers and Banjo on a tight right corner, despite hauling on my brakes with all my might.

All in all an a really excellent wknd.

I have no pictures but one, which I'll post later.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Got home at 2.30 which was about half the time it took travelling there on Friday.
Great ride, great company, great weather and a great deal of beer, snakebite and very expensive red Tuscan wine. Pics in a bit.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
p.s. That landlady was a sourfaced, hatchet faced old bag despite thawing momentarily now and again; and as foe her spotty oik of a son....
Considering we must have trebled their takings for Friday and Saturday night, you'd think the old cow could have made abit more of an effort.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
The shame is that the place is ok.Food was good especially the breakfasts which were superb and great value for money.They really arent doing themselves any favours. The young lad needs a clip round the ear IMHO.

OP
OP
lukesdad

lukesdad

Excellent pics gentlemen, unfortunately they seem to show this year Ive spent far too much time in the pub and not enough on the bike :biggrin:

A wonderfull weekend on and off the bike. Thank you all for comming.

Top Bottom