Wales : Dyfed Trans Cambrian Route Sat 20th October.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doseone

Guru
Sounds like you guys had a fantastic time. Big respect to all of you 'cos I know how effing hilly that ride must have been. Fantastic write up SD, really enjoyed reading it. It encapsulated what good cycling is all about - a great day out and being amongst friends.

If the next ride is less than 60 miles I'll come^_^

robjh

Legendary Member
Careful Rob ! You never know where this might lead . . .

. . . next thing, you'll rashly be making lots of postings . . . :whistle:

Yeah, in that picture I think I was trying to count to 34.

(ps this is the first quote I've tried to insert, don't all call me a nobber at once if it goes horribly wrong)

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
We all know him . . . . . . . . Banjo :whistle:
Not quite true pubbers I dont organize Audaxes (unless you count DIY routes I do on my own or with a small group).

There are certain ancient and highly secret rituals I would need to undergo before being allowed to become an Audax organizer.:biggrin:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I do believe Noodley has a perm...

14812.jpg

robjh

Legendary Member
back to commuting today, in the dark and fog. I'm going to have to tighten my brakes tonight, feels like I wore away a few mm of rubber coming down those hills. But 45.8 mph, not done that before!

Noodley

Here's the perm I mentioned, just in case anyone is tempted :whistle:

http://www.aukweb.net/perms/detail/JF01/

pubrunner

Legendary Member
If it were an audax you would have a time limit of about 8hrs 30 to completer it. Not many use all the time even with a few cafe stops. If its a social ride with lots of stops for cafes pubs photographs etc I would allow about 10 hours to be on the safe side.

With hindsight, Banjo's comments seem rather amusing.

LD, what's coming up ? what's on the agenda ?

I 'need' something to lookward to - what about a social bash :cheers: and/or ride ?

You don't need to invite the Southern Softies again !, they may be soft, but they're too flippin' fast ! :thumbsup:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
With hindsight, Banjo's comments seem rather amusing.

LD, what's coming up ? what's on the agenda ?

I 'need' something to lookward to - what about a social bash :cheers: and/or ride ?

You don't need to invite the Southern Softies again !, they may be soft, but they're too flippin' fast !

New
Optimistic maybe ^_^ I think we were still talking about starting/finishing in Rhayader when I posted that.

Anyone interested in a ride over similar terrain in South Wales? The Dragon Sportive ride has some big climbs/fast descents and starts in Margam South Wales(We could start somewhere different) close to M4 and mainline rail stations. Length of route is dependant on what people want. Shortest way round both mountains is about 45 miles The Dragon Gran Fondo is 120 miles inbetween distances could easilly be arranged.

I have done the 120 mile route and did a 45 mile route with Lukes Dad that has plenty of climbing and ideal for a short winters day.​

Top Bottom