Wales : Dyfed Trans Cambrian Route Sat 20th October.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukesdad

At the bequest of a certain nutter residing on the south coast^_^ we're planning the above for one of the middle weekends in October. The idea is to try and sort some accomodation be it a B&B or a cottage in the Rhayader area. (so if anybody has any ideas ?)

The route is the same one used by the trans cambrian sportive 87 miles and approx 10,000ft of ascent.(If you ve ever fancied a sportive but can't be bothered with the formality.) I'll maybe have to tinker with the route depending on location of the accom. Ideally we would start and finnish in Rhayader.

I'll put up the route in due course. At the moment I'm looking at numbers and dates of those stupid interested enough in taking on the challenge. (Thats the obligatory Rich P beer fest not the ride by the way).

rich p

ridiculous old lush
My only stipulations, if I may be so bold, is that it's a longish and (relatively testing) ride to justify a trip to the wild and savage land of Wales from down here in mellow SE England and, more importantly, beer is involved at some point.
Oh, and that the weather is dry:laugh: yeah, right!

OP
OP
lukesdad

lukesdad

Quite so, travelling a long way, the ride has to be worth it, and I believe this one certainly is. Im sure there are other like minded folk residing in the leafy suburbs

I'll declare an interest, subject to me getting out on the bike in September and so long as it doesn't fall in the half term week at the end of October but mainly putting some miles in for this one.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The weekend of the 20th would be best for me as I have to attend a wedding on Friday 26th where I shall undoubtedly have drink taken and won't be able to escape till the wee hours.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Google tells me that half term week in the Wirral is 22/10 to 26/10 so it's up to you to get on the bike Crax.:thumbsup:
http://www.wirral.gov.uk/my-service.../information-parents-and-carers/holiday-dates

It's like being back in school again and the teacher demanding to see your snotty hanky when you tell him you've dot a dold.

Top Bottom