Transcontinental 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BermudaTriangle

Regular
Hey up.
Newbie to this forum.
I see that a few of you are Transcontinental vets, so first off thanks to you for your various blogs and info on kit lists etc. It has made welcome reading.
I watched last years event unfold and was enthralled, and will try for a spot myself for 2017.
To that end, with the route unveiled live tonight I thought it would be good to start a thread on the subject.
Anybody else shooting for a place on the start line?

k_green

i watched the dots this summer too and found it fascinating. what an amazing race! good luck to you!

Last edited:
I have a few things going on that make a return in 2017 very difficult. I'd accepted that and then Mike went and revealed what No5 would look like. The reality is I'm still likely to miss No5 but I plan to return for No6, aiming high. In the meantime, the explosion in ultra-distance events means there's plenty to keep me occupied next year, until it's time to start dot-watching. I'm sure it'll be fascinating watching the race unfold having taken part in one.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
I have a few things going on that make a return in 2017 very difficult. I'd accepted that and then Mike went and revealed what No5 would look like. The reality is I'm still likely to miss No5 but I plan to return for No6, aiming high. In the meantime, the explosion in ultra-distance events means there's plenty to keep me occupied next year, until it's time to start dot-watching. I'm sure it'll be fascinating watching the race unfold having taken part in one.
I really enjoyed your blog about it.

OP
OP
B

BermudaTriangle

Regular
I did SID. A 332km effort round and round the Island here (Bermuda 21 sq miles) I'm looking forward to riding in a straight line!
It was a wonderful Xmas pressie to receive the news.
I'm sorry to hear that you won't be making this trip Frank; its been interesting dot watching you and reading your blogs in the past. I hope that you have an interesting alternative(s) to look forward to,

frank9755

Cyclist
Thanks BT
We're expecting a baby next year so lots of things I'd love to do will have to wait for another year. I'll try and do some things but I think they'll end up being a bit more last minute.
Also I'll enjoy doing a good bit of dot watching this year. The TCR should be particularly fun as I now know lots of people likely to be riding from last year's race. So, with forum members as well, I'll have lots of dots to cheer on!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
This was a message on Facebook from Anna, Mikes partner. Posted yesterday.

Hello all,
Sorry not to be in touch very much. I think I'm just starting to accept the situation. We've a huge amount to do and we are working on things but it's still incredibly raw for his family and those closest to him. We will be able to release some information in the coming few weeks but as yet nothing is very clear.

The race is up in the air at the moment and that was to be expected. Comments from the riders seem to suggest that some will turn up on the depart day anyway and either ride all or some of the TCR or just turn up and ride in the area.

I wa planning to ride down and watch the start and that hasnt changed. If the race does not go ahead I think I will drive down on the Monday and have a weeks cycling holiday in the area.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
XXXX BREAKING NEWS XXXXX

The 2015 Transcontinental Race is officially on.

Has been reported by the organisers on Facebook.

Top Bottom