Transcontinental 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What is that black case between the bottom bracket and the front wheel?
It looks like a battery pack but i'm sure it isnt! Could be a tool kit?
Tool kit thought was mine too - it saves rummaging around, soiling and creasing his wardrobe in the other packs. Agreeing with Tim that the 'young trousers' link is a nice one! Thank you. :okay:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
ZigZag/Rimas update
Currently running in 50th place

upload_2017-8-1_11-6-12.png

Last edited:
Bjorn Lenhard is continuing his effort to reach the plate of vine leaves in pole position. I browsed a few of the 'leaders' earlier and came across Bjorn's report of his PBP bimble :rolleyes: in 2015, and it was a good read! James Hayden is hot on his heels though - his musings have an equally 'driven' tone to them. Such punishment for pleasure!
Bjorn's original transcript from the PBP is here - should it be of interest. Wow!

"Go Rimas!"
(And, as Ian's pic. above indicates...who remembers 'The Black Lubyanka', Home of the Daily Getsmuchworse? :smile: )

frank9755

Cyclist
Rimas not going as well as I'd expected, I tipped him for top 10. He may have flipped into touring mode and be enjoying himself. He did say he would stop and sleep when tired.

I can also confirm the lower bottle is tools. He's got very little carrying capacity on his bike so nowhere else to put them! He wasn't even going to take leg warmers when I last spoke to him, and his bed is a small bit of bubble wrap.
At the front, James should have the beating of Bjorn now as he has consistently been riding at a faster pace. Bjorn got the lead because James stopped for the storm.
Jonas Goy in third is a strong challenger, has been riding faster than James and only fell behind when he stopped for twelve hrs at cp1 when he heard about Frank's death.
Another exciting day...

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Another bad, non fatal accident in the TCR. Heikki has pasted this.

Transcontinental Race (English)
A short status info from #TCRno5cap202. After hitting a 'pfoster' standing in the middle of the ciclapiste down from Tarvisio and being not so talented in flying but got a ground contact on my right back, they took me to hospital in Tolmezzo. Several investigations gave the results: fracture in collar bone and scapula, 9 broken ribs (one broken tripple), a hole in the right lung. As moving turned out to be a 'bit' painful, got a local anestesia cathtether in the spine which helped to reduce the pain considerably. Feeling all in all positive as having had quite a bit luck in the event. Big thank you to everybody helping me on the street! Obviously I will not reach CP3 and the rest.

Top Bottom