Transcontinental 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
upload_2017-5-26_9-47-15.png

U

User169

Oh my word that is sad news.

Yep. Awful. My riding buddy rode two audaxes with him this year. Very experienced rider.

Last edited by a moderator:
Condolences to the family and friends of Frank Simons - an awful highlight of this historically challenging race.

No Kristof this year!? Then the first man over the line is bound to be zig-zagging his way through the countryside en route to Greece...it doesn't seem five minutes ago that another CC rider was doing us Proud and also writing his eloquent, comprehensive account.

"GO RIMAS!"

-yRSjaAGfbOTolGrZHYpI6vSURdDZd4PcQj4-0jLy1w-2048x1538.jpg

Just for a change, Rimas has decided to carry two extra chainrings across Europe!
IMG_4366_thumb2.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "Go Rimas"

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I may be teaching grandmother to suck eggs, but is anyone using Free Route for dot watching?

https://frrt.org/tcrno5/

I'm not that avid a dot watcher, so I'm not sure if it's an improvement on the one in the TCR site, but it's a bit different.

Tim Hall

Nice link, thanks young trousers. I see there's a Colin James riding. I sort of know a Colin James, who is very much in the racing snake mould. Are there more details of riders anywhere, so I can see if it is he?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Condolences to the family and friends of Frank Simons - an awful highlight of this historically challenging race.

No Kristof this year!? Then the first man over the line is bound to be zig-zagging his way through the countryside en route to Greece...it doesn't seem five minutes ago that another CC rider was doing us Proud and also writing his eloquent, comprehensive account.

"GO RIMAS!"

View attachment 365266
Just for a change, Rimas has decided to carry two extra chainrings across Europe!
View attachment 365267
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "Go Rimas"
What is that black case between the bottom bracket and the front wheel?
It looks like a battery pack but i'm sure it isnt! Could be a tool kit?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I am sat at CP2 writing this 15.23hrs and it is scorching hot and has been all day. Riders are coming through now. I did not know what to expect but have to say that every single one of them are extremely courteous and appreciative of what the volunteer staff are doing. They are such very nice guys.

Top Bottom