Transcontinental Race 2018

Discussion in 'Time Trial, Long Distance and Endurance' started by steveindenmark, 16 Dec 2017.

1. BermudaTriangle

BermudaTriangle Regular

Going the komoot route this time after last years strava heat map debacle.

2. iZaP

iZaP Über Member

I'll be using komoot too...major differences between the way the two plot routes!!! and you can do longer than 150km stretches!

3. iZaP

iZaP Über Member

si_c, k_green and ianrauk like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    steveindenmark

steveindenmark Guru

Derek Boocock used Komoot to ride to my house in Denmark from his house in Holland and back. Over the full distance he had 1km of track which he would not have chosen, but was rideable.

5. DP

DP Chasse patate

Saw a post on Instagram yesterday from a bike mechanic showing the work he’d done for one of the tcr riders. The post was a photo of the rider and his bike.

Today the post is gone - the poster was seemingly contacted by the tcr organization and told to remove the post as he didn’t have a media license for the event. He says that the rider could have been chucked off the race if he didn’t take the post down.

6. Beebo

Beebo Firm and Fruity

Very odd.
    Surely they need all the press they can muster.
    Will they close down this thread as it is an unofficial channel?

Milkfloat likes this.
  7. DP

DP Chasse patate

Just read the T&Cs and I think the issue is that riders need a media license to use any photos taken of them in relation to tcr...

"The rider agreement, among other things, says that the rider agrees to yield the commercial rights of all the media they collect on the Event to Transcontinental. We do this as our basic deal with the rider is just to provide race administration and its services in return for the entry fee - this helps keeps that fee low. Some riders and companies may also benefit from the race's profile and publicity through rider sponsorship, so or this we can license back some of the commercial rights for use on things like social media. We will provide a separate agreement to provide clarity on what the license covers.
    So if a rider will use their participation in the race to promote ANY commercial organisation (including one they own) then they will need to buy the £100 media license."

Beebo likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    steveindenmark

steveindenmark Guru

They dont need all the advertising they can muster. There were over 1000 applicants for 300 places.

Beebo likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    steveindenmark

steveindenmark Guru

Just an update of Arnoldas No134.

He is doing well He is through CP1 with lots of time to spare and is now 180km to CP2. He is in the front half of the field.

10. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

Its no surprise to those of us that know Arnold that he's doing well. He was an extremely good rider when he was a young chap coming out riding with us, beating all us oldies up hills like nobody's business.

Last edited: 1 Aug 2018
  11. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

A few years back I sold Arnold a bike. I asked what he was going to do with it. Ride home was his response. Croydon I asked. No he said. Lithuania :-)

r04DiE, Trickedem, frank9755 and 8 others like this.
  12. AlanW

AlanW Veteran

Two of my club mates are riding this event, Stuart White 194 and Adam Green 105

The stats for the two guys leading are ridiculous.....how in the name of all things holy can they ride for so long!!!

13. CrinklyLion

CrinklyLion Guest

Dot watching and streetview in combination makes for one hell of a timesink :smile:

CrinklyUncle is in Innsbruck.

theclaud likes this.
  14. OP
    OP
    steveindenmark

steveindenmark Guru

Arnold is enjoying it.

Attached Files:

StuAff and theclaud like this.
  15. iZaP

iZaP Über Member

Found a nice bus stop in Austria,five Star rating I gave it, till someone turned on the lights in my new room!

steveindenmark, ianrauk and StuAff like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice