Transfers & rumours 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SWSteve

Guru
Brailsford said something along the lines of when developing talent, you have two choices
  • Pour money into a development team and have talent poached
  • Work as a collective of professional outfits to share talent and expertise which develops riders.
I would like to see the second, which would create riders into 2025 and beyond, not just 2019...

Also, fair play to sky for picking up more GT riders of the future, if you're aiming at winning all the stage races you need to find the riders with the heads for it, they're separated so slightly physically that the mental difference plays a huge part

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8rVAALky5lV8s6mrx0YC6ElCxmGW_-NaAY5DGYpxegHiKQj3WUA.jpg
New Movistar kit for 2018. I like it.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Pure speculation but:
Team Wiggins, in a bit of a financial hot spot, realises that they can get more sponsorship if they take on Pidcock, but can't afford to sign Pidcock until they have the sponsorship sorted. In order to solve the chicken-and-egg problem, they declare that they have signed Pidcock, get the sponsorship, and then can afford to sign him.

However, Dad has not been brought on board, or is wary of such subterfuge, and refuses to play ball.

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Dan McLay has signed for EF Education First-Drapac, so we can now look forward to him mugging inept Frenchmen at World Tour level next season.

Top Bottom