Transfers & rumours 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Scott Davies has signed for Dimension Data. Ian Stannard and Steve Cummings have signed extensions.

lyn1

Über Member
Scott Davies has signed for Dimension Data. Ian Stannard and Steve Cummings have signed extensions.

That's a strange one. DDD are supposed to be "Africa's Team". They run their own Conti level development team with about a dozen African riders. If they are looking at neo pros that is where they should be recruiting. Not that neo pros are their priority. Given they are bottom of the table by some distance, they desperately need to sign guys who can throw in plenty of WT ranking points unless they plan to wait until 2019 in time for the introduction of relegation.

Breaking news - Cannondale have released all staff (riders and backroom staff) from any contractual agreements for 2018 (i.e, told them to look for new teams/jobs) due to sponsorship concerns. Not due to lack of commitment from current sponsors but due to shortfall of additional money.

DILm5D_XUAE0XrG.jpg

DILm5A2XoAQzoJG.jpg

Last edited:

SWSteve

Guru
Breaking news - Cannondale have released all staff (riders and backroom staff) from any contractual agreements for 2018 (i.e, told them to look for new teams/jobs) due to sponsorship concerns. Not due to lack of commitment from current sponsors but due to shortfall of additional money.

View attachment 370133
View attachment 370134

Interesting as the Oath agreement may be cashless, just a new vehicle to earn other revenues

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Sky have signed both Bernal and Sivakov. Bernal won the Tour de l@Avenir and Sivakov has won virtually everything else this season in the young riders calendar.
Slightly worrying that Sky is hoovering up the young talent. I hope they don't use them as cannon fodder for GC riders.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

Adam4868

Guru
I can't see them not getting 7million,sounds a lot writing it,but you'd think someone would step up with it.I felt they had some good results lately.In today's world of F1 and Football it almost seems like small change ! There's no way they will want to go second tier with the talent they have,probably lose other sponsors as well.

SWSteve

Guru
I can't see them not getting 7million,sounds a lot writing it,but you'd think someone would step up with it.I felt they had some good results lately.In today's world of F1 and Football it almost seems like small change ! There's no way they will want to go second tier with the talent they have,probably lose other sponsors as well.

Why do you think Team Sky have a budget much bigger than anyone else, it costs peanuts and gives them huge exposure

Top Bottom