Translating beers into Kilometres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

...how many calories does a good beer have? If i know that then I could use a calorie burner cycle computer to work out the next days kilometreage....I think this is the way foward:biggrin:.

domtyler

Über Member
I think it is about 2-300 KCals for a pint of 4-5 % beer.

Shaun

Founder
I can see a whole new range of cycle computers with little wine glass and pint glass icons on them.

The more you cycle, the more the glasses fill up.

Would make a change from looking at the mileage or time totals - press a button and get a nice neat row of glasses to show you how many you can have down-the-pub later. :biggrin:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Admin said:
I can see a whole new range of cycle computers with little wine glass and pint glass icons on them.

The more you cycle, the more the glasses fill up.
Or do they empty? Hmm.... (hic)

barq

One problem with this plan is that ability to cycle is inversely proportional to beer drunk. :biggrin: That said I've been on some very pleasant calorie-neutral pub walks with friends.

Bigtallfatbloke said:
...how many calories does a good beer have? If i know that then I could use a calorie burner cycle computer to work out the next days kilometreage....I think this is the way foward:biggrin:.

Don't know about the scientific statistics, but on a 6-week ride (about 8-10 hours a day) through Europe, me and my mate ate tons of bread, cheese, pate, chocolate, and drank gallons of beer, wine, cognac, and still we both lost about 8 kg each!

You don't need an excuse, just ride and dine! ;)

250kcal per pint, 250kcal per hour's cycling. So I reckon 250kcal every 15 miles or 24km. So...16.7kcal/mile or 11.1kcal/km.

Works out at around 4% of a pint per kilometer. But then again, I am pissed on Oxford Gold and terrible at maths. I think the original numbers are sound though...

Top Bottom