Transport ladder by bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Do you have a spare wheel and some wooden battens? Could you make the ladder into something like a tag-along and tow it, perhaps attached to a rear rack?

Edit: beaten to it by figbat.
Further edit: very poor sketch attached for clarity and comedic value.
Ladder transport.jpg

Last edited:
How can I transport a 6ft (about 1.8m) tall folding ladder on a bike?

Define a folding ladder: one of those indoor decorator's ladder that you open up and has steps on one side. The other side is there for balance, forming an "A" shape.
How far do I have to transport it? 3 miles, on roads.
Do I have a trailer? Nope, just a bike and bungee cords.

I tried finding pictures of window cleaners transporting ladder by bike but to no avail.
https://www.newsflare.com/video/147292/entertainment-arts/man-cycling-with-a-ladder

I put an paper-recycling green plastic carton onto my flatbed y-frame trailer and fix long loads to the top of the carton.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Buy a yellow duster and tape it to the thinnest end of the ladder. Then ring Uber. Stick the duster end out of the passenger front seat window with you in the back seat with the other end.

Don't forget to wear a face mask.

OP
OP
mustang1

mustang1

Guru
How did you carry that ?
I'm sure there's a jokoe in there somewhere but I missed it. But anyway, in the flatbed part (I think it's called a flatbed.... the trunk).

freiston

Veteran
Which arm do you feel safer holding & controlling the bike with whilst using only one arm. Then it'd be something like this, but with the feet trailing.
View attachment 607307
This is how my dad had to do it as an apprentice painter & decorator back in the late 50s (if I recall his description correctly) but I think he had the ladder top at the front and bottom at the back and more horizontal.

classic33

Leg End Member
This is how my dad had to do it as an apprentice painter & decorator back in the late 50s (if I recall his description correctly) but I think he had the ladder top at the front and bottom at the back and more horizontal.
T'is why I said with feet trailing. As pictured if it catches anything, it'll push it back at you, jamming under the armpit.

Top Bottom