Transporting a Trike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

How do you transport a trike to get it to a place to ride? I don't fancy putting it on the roof, I have a small trailer but store that at my fathers so not easy to fetch to use. Is it feasible to make a bracket to fit on the towball for the front wheel & allow the rears to be towed along or will the bearings not be up to those speeds, I suppose along with the tyres. Not talking about motorway speeds up to about 40mph

Sharky

Guru
I used to transport my upright tandem trike on the roof of the car. I used two ladder rails, about a foot apart for the rear wheels and a third ladder rail at the front to support the front wheel. Three leather toe straps held everything in place. I did have a long estate car at the time and it used to take two people to lift it up, but it was fine and secure and one motorways as well.

My friend, the late John Price aka Mr Marengo built this rather unusual rear lift n fold that bolted behind the towball and was easily removed.
This was back 2 years ago on our last zombie fest.
64F2A7DC-ABDF-43E8-8A90-938413E38DC8.jpg
17599681-4ABF-42AB-AB01-E0E65C13EA9A.jpg
443EBB47-1E27-40BD-A44C-952761AD026D.jpg

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I took mine from Denmark to France on the roof of the car. I used 2 roof bars and 3 pieces of metal guttering for the wheels.

When I last changed my car, I made sure the trike would go in the back of the new one unfolded.
That was my only criteria.
I ended up with a Peugeot Partner Tepee ...... ^_^

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I have a Peugeot Partner car and the Adventure HD fits in even with the trike seat still on. It would work with just the centre car seat removed and the others folded forward but I currently have all three rear seats removed. With this car it is a simple unclip job to turn it into a van with widows.

ICE VTX goes straight in the back of a Skoda Octavia Estate, back seats down, rear wheel sits on the centre armrest but doesn’t intrude on the driver/ passenger. The QNT is that bit taller and I need to take the seat off to get it through the tailgate.

classic33

Leg End Member
I have a Peugeot Partner car and the Adventure HD fits in even with the trike seat still on. It would work with just the centre car seat removed and the others folded forward but I currently have all three rear seats removed. With this car it is a simple unclip job to turn it into a van with widows.
What do you need three widows for?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

It's all moot now she says she's not having a trike

climo

Über Member
Bit late but in case of future searches. I use a towbar mounted Pendle 4 bike rack off ebay which I can just get an Ice Sprint 20" on, held on by car bikerack straps from ebay. I would say that it might be possible to get 2x trikes on it folded up and sitting upright side by side if that makes sense. One trike and a bike certainly fit on.

Icemanhgv

Road Warrior
My KMX goes on my roof, it's a Halfords roofrack with modifications to help slide it into the middle, I'm off to Cornwall this Saturday from East Yorkshire with family, my wheelchair goes on the cycle rack on the back, I have a Nissan Qashqai:smile:
It really turns heads

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190815-105713_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20190815-105713_Video Player.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 16
Top Bottom