Tranvestites and bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Grayson Perry said:
I even employ the old race tactic of slowing down just before I reach them, getting my breath back, then sprinting past with a cheery greeting to rub in the (imagined) humiliation.
I'd never thought of that and one day when I pass someone I'm going to do that too...

Oh yes!

One day, I will pass someone

Sandman-bm

Regular
Great article, but no way am I going to ride my trike in my Cilt,
before anyone comments, its a Welsh cilt, no K in the welsh language :biggrin:
regards
john

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'm now wondering whether he was the guy I cycled along with for a while on the Thames path when the Tall Ships festival was hosted in Greenwich a summer and a half ago. Though I suppose there must be more than one cross dressing cyclist on a Dutch bike in London. Anyhow, we had a short moan about people in uniforms with the power to say no while we navigated a diversion near the O2. They'd blocked off the Thames cycle route (NCN1) because of the large number of people and were clearly enjoying their arbitrary duties.

The only thing that makes me doubt that it was him was that he seemed to have no problem with me going off ahead and leaving him to able along. People who've ridden with me will know that I do very little overtaking unless it's downhill. Perhaps he was dressed for a more demure style of riding.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
They say don't judge a book by its cover. If ever a phrase fitted, Grayson Perry is that book.
Yes, and the delightful thing is, which you'd never guess from seeing a pic of him in one of his dresses, and that he's an artist, is that he is very down to earth. I can recommend his autobiography, though it is a bit short.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Perry is an all-round excellent bloke, I'd love to have a beer with him, though preferably not while he's dressed up. He's correct about mountain bikes, they did save cycling.

Top Bottom