travelling on LNER / Transpenine with a Brompton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
When I was Bromptoning on the train. One of these came in very handy. For piece of mind for when ever I had to put the bike in a rack/luggage space.
20211203_081819.jpg

shingwell

When I was Bromptoning on the train. One of these came in very handy. For piece of mind for when ever I had to put the bike in a rack/luggage space.
View attachment 620335
Yes that's exactly what I used. Available in different colours to match your B! :laugh:

straas

Matt
I've got two Arco straps, keeps the bike stable in luggage racks and is a slight security measure.

Trains are pretty quiet at the moment, I've been going mcr - Warrington this week for training and can sit with the Brompton next to me in normal seating - some of the seats on the Northern trains are too tight for this though.

The new northerns have great folding seats next to the doors, bag under seat, Brompton next to your legs.

Also - I've found it much smoother to unfold the Brompton as you're approaching the stop, then you can carry it off and wheel away rather than awkwardly finding somewhere to unfold on the platform.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
If you are using a train in the UK, then a Brompton is classed as luggage. (This is the main reason I bought mine - it means you don't have to book a place on a train for a usual type bike.) Given the current Covid situation, I've yet to experience any complaints when I pop mine beside me where I sit, because of the lack of people, but am prepared to lug it onto the luggage rack if, and when, it becomes necessary.

Top Bottom