Travelodge and bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

figbat

Slippery scientist
I know the question was about Travelodge (and I can't see anything official from them) but Premier Inn have a published policy of bike friendliness.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Fairly sure that Travelodge don't have a blanket policy.
I'm fairly sure they used to but I didn't find it searching their website. I did find their Norwich central hotel recommending locking bikes up on Chapelfield Plain (a near-pedestrianised square in front of a struggling 2000s mall lined by chain bars/restaurants): if you do that, good luck finding your bike again next morning intact, or maybe at all without two big locks.

Best Western have sprouted a bikes page at https://www.bestwestern.co.uk/bike-friendly-hotels Good to set it out clearly and recognise a hoop on the street is not enough for people counting on using their bikes, but bad no bikes in rooms in general and few of their hotels are included.

Low Gear Guy

Veteran
The receptionist at Rochdale Travelodge was initially going to refuse access to the bikes but then relented when we pointed out the lack of other options.

I was also not allowed to take the bike into the room at a Premier Inn but was instead offered use of the boiler room. This would have been warmer than the bedroom.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Is that the hub one though ?
I've stayed at the hub in London and it's about the same size as the bed ! ^_^

That’s not, but when we did Ride London / Brompton World champs we stayed at a hub one. They’re certainly “ Bijou “ but we managed to fit ourselves and our bikes ok. If you want “ snug “ there’s the Caledonian Sleeper.

bromsleeper.jpg

Top Bottom