Tredz bikes think I am in the Scottish Highlands and Islands.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRHysted

Guru
A company I used to work for was really pleased to inform me they’d booked a first aid at work course that was less than 5 miles from my house in Cowes. I asked them to cancel the course because I didn’t want to swim or catch the Isle of Wight ferry.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Ahh; all is explained in this thread - Tre_dz is owned by Half_ords. Lesson learnt.

Edited to break advertising links.

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I was ready to make a purchase (an Altura bar roll-bag) to the value of £45, which would have made it free delivery... but.... when I entered my postcode it told me there would be a delivery charge of £9.99. Apparently, Ayrshire is now in the Scottish Highlands and Islands! (I am 20 miles SW of Glasgow, on the mainland). I cancelled my order, and incidentally got the exact same item from a competitor with free delivery, AND the item cost £5 less.
Do you have a PA postcode as that covers a very wide range and the English grasp of Scottish geography is pretty scant? I generally rank as H & I {PA postcode}but sometimes get goods delivered to a mainland address {still a PA postcode but should be free delivery}. Some still try to charge me for my home address rather than the delivery address.

pjd57

Veteran
I've seen companies that add extra delivery charges for the islands even though they use Royal Mail who don't charge extra.

Don't use them . Shop elsewhere

Another English retailer ignorant of Scottish geography...
https://www.strathspey-herald.co.uk...42742/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
AE69CF5D-E613-46C6-908C-30179D351787.jpeg

Last edited:

killiekosmos

Veteran
I’ve never had a problem with Tredz, however I had problems with Debenhams Plus deliveries. They use a very ‘lazy’ system for determining postage. Basically if ANY part of postcode area is an island then ALL areas get charged for island delivery. This meant that KA (Ayrshire) classed as an island as it includes Arran, PA (Paisley) Is similarly affected.

I was ready to make a purchase (an Altura bar roll-bag) to the value of £45, which would have made it free delivery... but.... when I entered my postcode it told me there would be a delivery charge of £9.99. Apparently, Ayrshire is now in the Scottish Highlands and Islands! (I am 20 miles SW of Glasgow, on the mainland). I cancelled my order, and incidentally got the exact same item from a competitor with free delivery, AND the item cost £5 less.
Its got something to do with global warming and seas rising. By the time its delivered parts of Ayrshire are predicted to be islands :ohmy:

Top Bottom