Tredz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander

Veteran
I have bought two bikes from Tredz and pleased with the service.
They have an online chat facility on the website to ask the sales team questions about bikes etc.

That is a selling point for me, means you dont have to wait about for a email or have to phone them.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Unfortunately the chat facility doesnt seem to exist on Tredz Website anymore.At least I couldnt find it this morning.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
They have a sister site - Wheelies- which I have used before and when a fault cropped up on a product they were very fast to respond, understanding and gave me 50% refund as 50% of the product broke (rear mudguard).
Good to hear I'm not the only one with good experiences.

OP
OP
Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander

Veteran
Just a quick update, got a email today saying bike will be delivered on Tuesday. Cant wait. This cycling is expensive business. I am just under a grand lighter off now after I bought a Sky Team jacket.

U

User6179

Just a quick update, got a email today saying bike will be delivered on Tuesday. Cant wait. This cycling is expensive business. I am just under a grand lighter off now after I bought a Sky Team jacket.

Cycling can be more expensive than driving if you have expensive tastes, have you bought pedals as the ones that come with caadx are just cheap throw away ones made of plastic, still got mine unused.

U

User6179

No but will have a look at them when its arrived

What did you replace them with?

I use shimano SPD-SL, 105 pedals with shimano shoes, cleats come with the pedals.

OP
OP
Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander

Veteran
The reason I dont like clipless is due to living and riding in a busy city, there is always the risk that I will topple over when coming to a junction and I would say you would fall to your dominant side which is my right, ie where other cars could be passing so not a safe option. Saying that I might get them when I am more confident as I can see the pros to having them

Can you buy cycle shoes that are not designed for clipless pedals, ie just a trainer?

I have just ordered these

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Shimano-R078-SPD-SL-Road-Shoe_62292.htm

U

User6179

The reason I dont like clipless is due to living and riding in a busy city, there is always the risk that I will topple over when coming to a junction and I would say you would fall to your dominant side which is my right, ie where other cars could be passing so not a safe option.

Can you buy cycle shoes that are not designed for clipless pedals, ie just a trainer?

I used to use trainers and platform pedals but in the winter they are no use as your feet will be either wet or cold even with two pair of socks .

When I changed to clipless it was so easy to unclip and clip back in that after one ride felt like I had used them for years plus neoprene overshoes keep your feet warm in winter.

Top Bottom