Tree removal...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Maz said:
Thanks for all the help. I'm getting a couple of quotes over the weekend.

Seems like you need to get a cut price one Maz. Acorny joke thread is not what the householder needs.

I would cut them myself, by hand, and see how you get on...then go a bit higher...etc. Rope your ladders to the trunk.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Do not use a tall Tree Surgeon called William. You do not want to get lumbered with a large Bill.

Mille

My other half is a tree surgeon and believe me when I say WE WILL NEVER BE RICH.

Ahem.

All the old folk round here get such a bargain that the 'travellers' don't get a look in.

He does a bloody good job though.

What do you mean when you say how much per tree?

If they are about 15' it would probably be about £15 a tree

Don't forget though WE WILL NEVER BE RICH :evil:

Mille

Uncle Mort said:
If you can, do the stump grinding yourself - you can get them from hire centres. You get to use a noisy, violent, potentially lethal machine that rips solid stumps to shreds to a depth of 50cm in minutes! :evil:

In my experience, if you break a tooth, they charge you about £15. Most roots will eat about 8 teeth.

;)

Mille

zacklaws said:
I have a friend who's a tree surgeon, who gets work from the local council and he gets £500 for every tree he drops for them, but these are big tree's not conifers, so it would be a lot cheaper no doubt.

How does that work when they are not supposed to "authorise" particular companies?

Mille

zacklaws said:
Just had a quick browse around the net and prices seem to range from about £150 to £500 a tree.

No offence but based on WHAT exactly.

Anyone who can give you a quote over the phone is plainly lying.

God, no wonder tradesmen get so much gyp with this sort of thing flying around.

Mille

Sorry, just looked back at the thread and I look like a loony.

But getting fair business for tradesmen is very important for me and I think that loads of folk take the p.

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
ComedyPilot said:
Hello and welcome, enjoy the ride, now get stuck in to the forums - see ya in the cafe.
Huh? You're barking up the wrong tree with that comment. :rofl:

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
Mille said:
My other half is a tree surgeon and believe me when I say WE WILL NEVER BE RICH.

Ahem.

All the old folk round here get such a bargain that the 'travellers' don't get a look in.

He does a bloody good job though.

What do you mean when you say how much per tree?

If they are about 15' it would probably be about £15 a tree

Don't forget though WE WILL NEVER BE RICH :rofl:
Because Money doesn't grow on trees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Maz, I had a large-ish conifer removed in Wigston in Leciester (your posts say Leicester) about two years ago by a local company. I had a couple of quotes done and they were around the same. I'm pretty certain I paid £120 for the work The people I used were highly recommended by colleagues. When I rang them to accept the quote they happened to be doing big job a few streets away the next day and came around and did my tree (large conifer) first thing in the morning. If you don't know any/many local tree surgeons for quotes I can pm their contact details for you if you like.

Top Bottom