Trek 1.5 Vs Allez Elite

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
Ok,

last new bike post I PROMISE ;).

I have narrowed it down to these two bikes. I am 5"10 with a 6"2 wingspan (whatever that means). have been told by my LBS the allez would be better because of this (something to do with the angle of the steerer).

Any good/bad points about either. They seem to me to be identical apart from brand obv. Been offered a very good (but identical) price on both.

Any recommendations?

Ryan

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Ride them both and see which you like the feel off, a bike shop may be able to offer advice but they cant say which will feel best to you.

I am 6'2" and I ride 2 different bikes, one very aggressive TT set up (which I commute and train on) and a roadbike (CAAD9) and they are both comfortable to ride in their own ways while having dramatically different setups, on base bikes that are quite similar in terms of size and geometry. I tell you this, because bike set up can alter feel quite dramatically, you need to make sure you get the right size frame that feels right to you as a base, fine tuning its fit is something that comes with time riding it. Different stems, seats, handlebars etc can all be retro-fitted.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I was thinking this, because Trek's warranty to my knowledge boasts a higher level of confidence in their frame quality.

I have no vested interest in either brands. I hate specialized aesthetics, and dont like the ride on Treks (the ones I've had test rides of).

OP
OP
RyanW

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
AFAIK spesh have a lifetime garentee on their frames, how can treks be better? Offer an afterlife service 2?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
RyanW said:
AFAIK spesh have a lifetime garentee on their frames, how can treks be better? Offer an afterlife service 2?

Specialized offer 5 years dont they?

edit: appears to be lifetime now, it was a source form 2004 I had seen.

Top Bottom