Trek 7.3FX vs Kona Dew

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
I can't put a fag paper between these, except on notional component spec which I can't feel on the road.

Will be 70 - 80% commute, 10 - 20% C class road pleasure riding, 10% sustrans type routes.

Can anyone help out with any opinions?

1 for the kona

why because its a better all round commuter

OP
OP
HF2300

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
mickle said:
What size do you need, we might have a spare Dew.

Mickle, who is 'we' and what size is the Dew, if it is spare? Is it practical given you're in York and I'm on the south coast?

Downward

Guru
I had the same Dilema
1st choice though was Giant Escape M Zero but this is out of stock for 6 weeks so went for the Kona over the Trek in the end.

HF2300 said:
Mickle, who is 'we' and what size is the Dew, if it is spare? Is it practical given you're in York and I'm on the south coast?

www.companyofcyclists.com

If you can establish what size you need and are happy to accept a bike which has been used for a month in our Commuter Support Programme at about 25% off the dealer price, PM me.

OP
OP
HF2300

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Thanks Mickle, that might work nicely. The other half wants a 56 cm Dew and apparently they're out of stock. I may want a 60. I'll let you know in due (dew?!) course. Do you have any opinions on them, if you use them a lot?

Downward, how are you getting on with the Dew? Turns out the 7.3FX and 7300 are both out of stock, so that may have made the choice for me. The LBS got a 60cm Dew in which felt about the right size; I went for another test ride and it felt nice, but not completely without niggles.

Mickle, your 'Company of Cyclists' looks really interesting, is it going well?

Downward

Guru
HF2300 said:
Thanks Mickle, that might work nicely. The other half wants a 56 cm Dew and apparently they're out of stock. I may want a 60. I'll let you know in due (dew?!) course. Do you have any opinions on them, if you use them a lot?

Downward, how are you getting on with the Dew? Turns out the 7.3FX and 7300 are both out of stock, so that may have made the choice for me. The LBS got a 60cm Dew in which felt about the right size; I went for another test ride and it felt nice, but not completely without niggles.

Mickle, your 'Company of Cyclists' looks really interesting, is it going well?

Yeah it's fine - Lots of nice Shiny Bits, Disc Brakes, very light and pretty much dead easy to jump on and go. Disc Brakes are a new thing for me so can't compare with any others - Sharp enough and I assume they need breaking in
Plenty of Gears over a good range but I need to find a dozen say to use regular instead of using all 24.

Like I said I have prob been on a bike twice in 14 years 6 years ago and did a 5 mile round trip which killed me. I was a lot fitter back then with playing Football etc.

Now I do no exercise and am pretty unfit but I still managed to ride 8.5 miles to work and 7.5 miles back 4 hours later.

Top Bottom