Trek Domane 4.1 2016 or Specialized roubaix sl4 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wxbull

Hello all, I'm buying a new bike next month, and wondering if anyone has any of these bikes....I have a secteur 2014 which has served me well on loads of 70 mile plus rides and a couple of 100 plus.

Which one would you buy?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Which ever one fitted me the best and was most comfortable for me.

And for me it was the Spesh. (after trying both brands).

OP
OP
wxbull

wxbull

I prefer the spesh, as I have been very happy with the bike I have...but the bloke in the shop said the trek would be better value.

Boyfrom64

Veteran
@wxbull for what it is worth, my first bike was a Specialized Sectur 2010 model. Last year I switched to a Trek Emonda SL5. I had been considering the Specialized Roubaix and the Trek Domane. However, after riding demonstration models of both a Domane and an Emonda over two separate weekends I found that the Emonda suited me well. Furthermore, I found I could ride it for a good distance (50 miles) without any discomfort.

My feeling is that Specialized and Trek are two good brands making good bikes. What swayed me to Trek is the service, time patients and advice I was given by Trek Coventry.

I agree with Ian, buy the bikes that suit you best and do so buy going to a good LBS.

Good luck.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Hello all, I'm buying a new bike next month, and wondering if anyone has any of these bikes....I have a secteur 2014 which has served me well on loads of 70 mile plus rides and a couple of 100 plus.

Which one would you buy?
Try and test ride both and see which suits best. Both bikes get excellent reviews, I have a Roubaix and it is the smoothest most comfortable bike I have ever ridden.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Have you also considered a Cannondale Synapse? As good as the Trek and the Roubaix, I believe.

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
Do Trek still make their own parts for these newer models?
Had to replace the bottom bracket (BB90) and head set bearings on my Madone. Both parts were only available from Trek and, consequently, nearly double the price of other makes.
Might be worth taking into consideration.

Top Bottom