Trek Emonda SL6 Disc?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TigerT

Veteran
Hi,

I'm currently in an N - 1 situation as I just sold an old bike and need to restore numbers :-D. I'm considering the above bike and wondered if anyone has any experience or opinions. I'll be test riding one tomorrow, but it's always good to hear what others think.

I currently ride a 2014 Spezialized Roubaix but I really want disc brakes and the cheapest new model Roubaix with a full Ultegra groupset is in my opinion very overpriced. I also considered the Domane SL6 Disc, but they are sold out in Switzerland so that would mean waiting until next years model.

Welcome any opinions good or bad.

Last edited:

GravityFighter

Über Member
Did you go for any SL6 Disc then?

I’ve just bought one to replace my 2013 Specialized Tarmac.

A friend has the rim brake version and loves it, so I’m hoping for good things when I pick it up in a week...

OP
OP
TigerT

TigerT

Veteran
Did you go for any SL6 Disc then?

I’ve just bought one to replace my 2013 Specialized Tarmac.

A friend has the rim brake version and loves it, so I’m hoping for good things when I pick it up in a week...

Yes I did. I’m extremely happy with it. I’ve had it just over 4 weeks now and have run up almost 1000km.

Compared to my older Roubaix it’s a lot harder ride but feels super light and responsive. The new Ultegra groupset is excellent, I really like the shifters compared to the old bike. I haven’t really got used to the look of the discs yet, but I can’t fault the stopping power.

I was lucky, no waiting they had one in my size in stock so I took it home 2 hours after a test ride!

Hope you enjoy yours.

E7B1AAB1-A826-43C1-95AD-8DABE7D39975.jpeg
Any excuse to upload a picture!

GravityFighter

Über Member
Good stuff, cheers for the reply.

Picked mine up yesterday - first ride tomorrow morning. Even on a short test I can tell the braking is a huge improvement over rims though.

I'm coming the other way; mine's an upgrade from a Specialized Tarmac, so I'm expecting this to feel slightly smoother and a little more upright.

Glad you're getting on with yours!

Last edited:
Top Bottom