Trek Lexa SL - Rims

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I am trying to find a set of rims for Jannies 2nd bike, a Trek Lexa SL. Its only a commuter bike and so we are trying to find something that will not break the bank.

For the specifications it says

Rims
Bontrager Approved alloy

I dont necessarily need Bontrager rims. What do I need to be looking for when choosing a new set of wheels? Or will any 700c wheels fit?

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I see lots of people have seen this but nobody seems to be able to help me.

Have I phrased the question incorrectly or is there not an answer to the question?

CRVFR

Any 700c (standard road wheels) should fit fine. Shimano R501 wheels are pretty bombproof @ only about £75 a pair and used on many new bikes. I recently bought a set of Mavic Aksiums for £125 delivered from Germany which include the Mavic tyres, which seem to be good value, and will be using these over the winter.
If you specify your budget you will probably be deluged with suggestions

vickster

Legendary Member
Any should do, go for the rim size on there if not wanting a. Standard 23-25mm tyre for example. What tyres are on there right now

Budget £70 up as suggested. Fulcrum 7 a good sub £150 wheel

Perhaps ask the mod to move the thread to the components section, it'll be getting lost in general cycling

Last edited:
The R501 is dirt cheap at £75 although with 20/24 spokes i don't know if I would recommend it as a winter wheel, others do though.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Thanks guys thats great.

No she doesnt use her Trek Lexa in Winter. She Uses TREK 7.1 which is bike number 4 I think. I hate it but she likes it as a winter bike.

Top Bottom