Trek's idea of a warranty.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twowheelsgood

Sorry, but I still don't see that this is anything to do with Trek, at least at the moment.

Trek's warantee cannot replace basic UK and EU consumer rights only add to them.

Why are you wasting time with them? Go into the LBS with your receipt, say "fix it" under your statatory rights or you are hot-footing it to trading standards. You wouldn't return a toaster to Tescos and expect to speak to some Chinese importer, would you?

Buggering around with Trek is their problem, not yours. You shouldn't care about the economics of sending stuff back. You didn't buy direct from their official importer, you bought from the LBS - that is who the contract is with.

It really is that simple.

MarkF

Guru
I've been following this thread and the LBS is behaving very badly. But like has been said "Why is it you, the innocent party that has all this hassle and timewasting"? It's time to point and the facts clearly to them, with paperwork, on their counter and demand action right there and then.

DLB

You should start enjoying this one now.

Send a letter or two to JE JAMES tell the how disappointed you are with trek etc etc, see if you can get them to commit something in writing abou trek refusing the claim then hang em out to dry in court.

giant man

This is quite disgusting service both from the manufacturer and the LBS, I hope you get it sorted and get some kind of satisfaction. Good luck with it.

alfablue

Kitsune

The warranty is just something the shop is hiding behind, in UK law the buyer has redress from the seller, not the manufacturer. Even if Trek had refused the warranty, the shop is still liable, both for replacement parts and fitting.

Top Bottom