Triban 3, 54cm frame mudguards?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dimples

Über Member
Hi all,
I know this has been asked quite alot, but I can't really find anything definitive with regards to some mudguards that will fit my (red) Triban 3. Could anyone shed some light on this? Much appriciated. It would be nice if I could buy it from halfords as I'd be able to get 25% discount. However the fit is obviously most important. If anyone had any photos of their mudguard on their 54cm frame T3 that would be swell too. Owned my bike for over a year now, still on the original tyres.
I'm just tired of having a wet arse & back everytime I cycle in the rain!

Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

It depends on a couple of things... 1) what size tyres you have now, 2) if you have ever removed the brake callipers before and 3) what you want to spend.

OK - just read you are on the original tyres, so you stand a chance on 23c's but it will be a very tight fit. I am on a 54cm T3 and on 700x25c tyres and have had to 'adapt' the mud guards because there is not enough clearance to get the guards under the brake callipers (the clearance being between the callipers and tyres).

I am pretty certain your choices are SKS raceblade longs (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/sks-raceblade-long-mudguards/rp-prod82995) or the Crud Road Racer's (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/crud-road-racer-mudguard-set-mkii/rp-prod54934). I think the first raceblades are probably the better option but it depends entirely on if you can now get the front calliper off your T3 - neither of ours (we have one each in this household) will come off to attach the mudguards. I have mudguards my an rather adhoc method and my OH has a dry backside by virtue of his pannier rack having a solid top to it!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Raceblade Longs will fit just about anything. If I could get them to fit my ultra tight clearance Ribble 653, then they will fit a Triban. The Raceblades are also much tougher than cruds, and don't rattle. I am very impressed with them.

Fubar

Guru
I have the Crud Road Racers on a 54 T3 and they are easy to fit but they do rattle as @fossyant says - seen the Raceblades on another T3 and they look good plus you can unclip the guards and leave the clips in place (i.e. if on a turbo trainer) so I'd be inclined to go for them.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Cruds do look very neat, but if you want as full a covrage as possible, then raceblade longs. The axel brackets can make wheel removal a little tricky, but you soon get used to it. As for popping the guards off, that's a doddle !

Top Bottom