Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Thanks I'd say about £100

Been looking at these as well, big confused about the size, seen someone mention 30mm profile , which size do I get ?
You need a 700c road wheel.

The 30mm profile is the depth of the rim.
More aero wheels have deeper profile.

Top is 30mm bottom is 80mm
image.jpg

jifdave

Which rim height do I go for ? 24 or 30 mm?
30mm looks better to me.

With £100 you could probably get a slightly better pair but it's your choice r501's would be a big jump from the stock wheels.
But you could go up to an rs11 for around £100 http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/ro...shimano-rs11-clincher-wheels-pair/shimwhfr366 use code EXTRA7 for 7% extra off

Steady

Über Member
Front cone on one side is slightly pitted, bearings and cups are fine surprisingly, does anybody know what is a straight replacement for the front hub axle cone? On previous mountain bikes I've just swapped them around and used any that would fit, but I think I'd rather have a "new" cone for the road bike but the internets don't seem to

Knew I needed to do the hubs, everybody says they're woefully under-greased, but I went with a if it's not broke don't fix it mentality for the first 1000 miles but since I've been out in some wet weather recently thought it was worth a look, needless to say they're greased up now, and doing the rears hubs tomorrow expecting the worst now. :sad:

jifdave

Front cone on one side is slightly pitted, bearings and cups are fine surprisingly, does anybody know what is a straight replacement for the front hub axle cone? On previous mountain bikes I've just swapped them around and used any that would fit, but I think I'd rather have a "new" cone for the road bike but the internets don't seem to

Knew I needed to do the hubs, everybody says they're woefully under-greased, but I went with a if it's not broke don't fix it mentality for the first 1000 miles but since I've been out in some wet weather recently thought it was worth a look, needless to say they're greased up now, and doing the rears hubs tomorrow expecting the worst now. :sad:
Junk them... Spend the £60odd on some shimano r501s

Steady

Über Member
Would happily if I didn't get the 51cm frame and the wheels weren't 650c.

Least there's the Team Vision 30s 650c that get good reports.

Rock bus

Über Member
Hi all
I have joined as really looking to get my first road bike and everything seems to be pointing to the t3 or t300 (with my limited budget anyhow!)

im 5ft 10 so sounds like 57 frame is about right??

will be doing the usual e bay scouring but if anyone is upgrading and wants to sell their bike to a loving good home
wink.png
so it will be well looked after, as well as introducing someone to the world of cycling I really would appreciate a heads up.

Based in leamington so Midlands area would be ideal

thanks
Paul

Top Bottom