Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Acyclo

Veteran
Err, yes, long time rider, first time poster in here. My saddle has taken to drooping down at the front (ooh, err etc.). I've cleaned off the saddle clamp and re-tightened it, but it drooped down again today. Has anyone else had this problem and solved it. It's becoming a right pain. Advise plz.

Are you still using the btwin saddle, I must say I've never had any problem and have changed stem and saddle, But Have you checked that the screw thread on the saddle fixing is ok and not damaged? though judging by the length of time since your post you've probably fixed it now?

TonyOB

Regular
I was recently building a mountain bike by swapping parts from a donar diamond Back. I couldn't get the cranks off, even using the correct tool and tapping lightly with a mallet. I was fortunate to read in a cycling forum a solution which worked immediately. Slowly pour boiling water over the offending part and try again. Both cranks came off easily and without undo force. Perhaps this method may work with difficult pedals also.

stalagmike

Enormous member
Has anyone successfully replaced either the big chain ring or the whole chainset on their Triban 3? Mine has lost a tooth on the big ring and I'm wondering what I can use to fix. I'd like to stick with a triple if poss. Suggestions / links would be much appreciated. TIA.

Had a look at mine and I guess your's will be the 50t 130mm BCD 5 arm. Unfortunately the triple cs along with spares seems to have all but disappeared, including from Decathlon. In theory a shimano 130mm BCD 5 arm ring* may fit, but I've not tried it. A while back I swapped the 30t for a 26t ring (SJS) to get a better low gear, and it works a treat...

* e.g. though this one is for a chainguard fit https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/chainri...er-chainring-d-type-black-50t-for-chainguard/
Sora, but OOS & pricey https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/chainri...m-bcd-5-arm-outer-chainring-d-type-black-50t/
Sora in stock on ebay...

Last edited:

stalagmike

Enormous member
I've just been looking on Strava and seen that I've clocked up almost 2.5k miles on the bike since I got it ( I am the second owner). I have changed the chain a couple of times - time for a new cassette?

Sandyn

Has anyone successfully replaced either the big chain ring or the whole chainset on their Triban 3? Mine has lost a tooth on the big ring and I'm wondering what I can use to fix. I'd like to stick with a triple if poss. Suggestions / links would be much appreciated. TIA.
I have done it several times. Initially I used Decathlons own 50/39/30 chain-ring set (Prowheel Ounce). These seem to be no longer available, so I purchased a Sora R3030 triple crank with the intentions of replacing the bottom bracket with the Sora, however the original bottom bracket would not unscrew, (was turning in the right direction), so I simply removed all three rings from the Sora set and put them on the Prowheel crank. works fine, just note the orientation of all rings when you remove and replace. They have features stamped to help the chain move rings. I have still not replaced the bottom bracket, which has been on the bike for about 8 years now and done thousands of miles still as good as ever (touch wood). The price of the crank/chain rings from Decathlon is cheaper than buying individual chain-rings, and I now have two spare cranks if the Triban ever fails.

Attachments

• triple gearset EV-FC-R3030-4153A.pdf
    320.7 KB · Views: 15
Top Bottom