Triban 3 question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Suddabym

hi as some of you may know I’ve just joined this forum yesterday and bought a second hand Triban 3 last night well my question is I hate the pedals can you fit any pedal on them or are they specific ones for the bike and also the brakes seem quite hard to reach is there a way of changing them so they are closer or will I have to buy a different brake set ?
Thanks in advance

nickAKA

Über Member
You should be able to put any pedals you like on it, but if in doubt go to your local Decathlon store & they'll advise you. As regards the brakes, are you struggling for reach (length of your fingers) or is it the hand position you're not comfortable with? Are they drop bars or flat?

Last edited:
Reactions: mjr

vickster

Legendary Member
Crosslever brakes can be useful if you can't use the brifters, shouldn't cost more than £40 to buy and fit (you'll need new bartape too). Take it to a bike shop first and see if the current levers can be adjusted

You said the bike fits like a glove but sounds like the reach might be a little far, or you have small hands (as a woman, I too struggle and have crosslever on most bikes and rarely brake on the levers)

Last edited:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
image.jpeg

You will need adjustment shims/block to reduce reach, I think different thicknesses are available too.
https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/gear-sp...00-adjustment-block-left-hand-8-deg-6lt-2400/
They may be brand specific for fit, not sure what levers are on your Triban?

View: https://youtu.be/GESGpwNLuTQ

Last edited:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
As already mentioned, you should be able to fit whatever pedal you like. If you are given a choice of spindle sizes it'll be a 9/16th inch that you need. The other available size (1/2 inch) is fairly uncommon being mostly used on cheap one-piece steel cranks.

If fitting the pedals yourself remember that the left hand pedal has a left hand thread so turns clockwise to undo.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Probably a 2400 or Sora?
They were Shimano 2300 on the red Triban, not sure about the OP's model, could be Microshift?

OP
OP
Suddabym

Suddabym

You should be able to put any pedals you like on it, but if in doubt go to your local Decathlon store & they'll advise you. As regards the brakes, are you struggling for reach (length of your fingers) or is it the hand position you're not comfortable with? Are they drop bars or flat?
Drop bars having trouble reaching as I have small hands lol

Top Bottom