Triban 3 question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Suddabym

Suddabym

Micro shift yes

vickster

Legendary Member
Last edited:
Drop bars having trouble reaching as I have small hands lol

It's also getting used to things - especially if this is your first drop bar bike. What you can do is loosen (slightly) the clamp that holds the bars, rotate the bars back towards you a little, then re-tighten the clamp. It's a two minute allen-key job.

You will get the hang of it, honest. :smile: Then you'll wonder why you ever thought reach was an issue. ;) (FWIW, I'm a shortarse with small hands who rides a road bike with microshift levers)

Pedals - yes, you can swap them out for others of your choice. There are loads to choose from - Decathlon's own brand flats might be a good place to start. And as has been said before, make sure you fit the left hand pedal to the left hand crank and the right hand pedal to the right hand crank. A dab of grease on the threads before fitting won't go amiss. No need to do them up uber tight as they'll tighten up as you ride.

OP
OP
Suddabym

Suddabym

It's also getting used to things - especially if this is your first drop bar bike. What you can do is loosen (slightly) the clamp that holds the bars, rotate the bars back towards you a little, then re-tighten the clamp. It's a two minute allen-key job.

You will get the hang of it, honest. :smile: Then you'll wonder why you ever thought reach was an issue. ;) (FWIW, I'm a shortarse with small hands who rides a road bike with microshift levers)

Pedals - yes, you can swap them out for others of your choice. There are loads to choose from - Decathlon's own brand flats might be a good place to start. And as has been said before, make sure you fit the left hand pedal to the left hand crank and the right hand pedal to the right hand crank. A dab of grease on the threads before fitting won't go amiss. No need to do them up uber tight as they'll tighten up as you ride.
Fantastic thank you really appreciate it

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I think I might have said in a previous post the pedals looked like that may have been for cleated cycle shoes. Alternative might be to get some budget ones to suit, about the cost of decent pedals.

OP
OP
Suddabym

Suddabym

I think I might have said in a previous post the pedals looked like that may have been for cleated cycle shoes. Alternative might be to get some budget ones to suit, about the cost of decent pedals.
Thank you yeah the clips have been taken off and didn’t come with the bike but I’m not keen on clips anyway I find them dangerous :-)

Last edited:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
AE07E596-1185-407B-9AC2-4906CEDD9792.jpeg

They are tiny and have no clips on made of metal and very slippery
As @Cycleops says the pedals you have are for cleated cycling shoes, definitely not meant for regular flat soles.
The red rubber hoods on the brake levers look to be missing?

Attachments

• FC542739-0857-4BF7-97ED-29428191DE3E.jpeg
    FC542739-0857-4BF7-97ED-29428191DE3E.jpeg
    33.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
They are tiny and have no clips on made of metal and very slippery
Get to your local bike shop, get some flat pedals (they can remove the current and fit the new, save you buying a pedal spanner)

Keep the ones on there, if they're in good nick, you might be able to sell for a few quid in the forum classifieds :smile:

You're definitely missing the hoods, you want those to stop water getting into the mechanisms. Maybe look around for replacements, an old thread threw this company up as Microshift importers https://www.upgradebikes.co.uk/Catalogue/Microshift/Microshift-Range

Last edited:

tom73

Guru
As for pedals nip to wilkos 5 quid a pair. Will do to get you going (did over 1000 miles with mine) an adjustable spanner will do the job of swapping them over. Just remember which way round the threads go.

OP
OP
Suddabym

Suddabym

As for pedals nip to wilkos 5 quid a pair. Will do to get you going (did over 1000 miles with mine) an adjustable spanner will do the job of swapping them over. Just remember which way round the threads go.
Cheers

Top Bottom