Triban 3a or 5a?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Veganpower

Veganpower

At this time of the year you don't have to look like Mark Cavendish to ride a bike. But you do have to be warm and dry.

Just now a set of good over boots is a better investment than a bike computer in my opinion.

Steve
I picked up some goodies from decathlon the other day. I got that 3 for £15 on base layers which was good, gloves and a waterproof jacket. I'll look into over boots, cheers.

OP
OP
Veganpower

Veganpower

I got home from work to be greeted by my cycling shoes and bottle cages. Fitted my pedals and I thought I would go for a spin, the clipless pedals worked great but I think I'll have to do some adjusting.

I realised I didn't have a pocket in anything I was wearing so I stuck my phone and my credit card up my sleeve and headed for decathlon. I grabbed an under saddle 0.4l bag type thing and I was off. I even took my bike in with me lol. I had a nice little ride.

vickster

Legendary Member
Mmmm Niknaks, nice n' spicy

nik%2Bnaks.jpg

OP
OP
Veganpower

Veganpower

Yep, now more than ever. Ever since I put the clipless pedals on I've been getting a pain in my knee and an uncomfortable feeling in my hip, both on the left side. I went to Berkshire Cycles today and they got me on their Turbo. Everything seems to feel better now, especially the saddle, which I was sure was in the wrong place.

I'll adopt Berkshire Cycles as my LBS as I'm not keen on my actual LBS (rude).

I've always found Berkshire Cycles to be good, and bought numerous leisure bikes from them but I've bought my road bikes from Cyclezone (Crowthorne) and have found them to be fantastic at all levels. Only LBS I've found to be rude was AW Cycles in Caversham, just so far up themselves. Told me I wouldn't ever need a CF bike as I could never do it justice when I made an enquiry and dismissed my notion of getting one as money wasted. I have a CF Ridley bought from Cyclezone two years ago which is the 'dogs whatsits', and it was discounted to boot. Not really visited Evans much as parking is complicated

OP
OP
Veganpower

Veganpower

I've always found Berkshire Cycles to be good, and bought numerous leisure bikes from them but I've bought my road bikes from Cyclezone (Crowthorne) and have found them to be fantastic at all levels. Only LBS I've found to be rude was AW Cycles in Caversham, just so far up themselves. Told me I wouldn't ever need a CF bike as I could never do it justice when I made an enquiry and dismissed my notion of getting one as money wasted. I have a CF Ridley bought from Cyclezone two years ago which is the 'dogs whatsits', and it was discounted to boot. Not really visited Evans much as parking is complicated

LOL LOL AW Cycles was the shop I was referring to!!!!!! They basically said a similar thing to me. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. :laugh:

OP
OP
Veganpower

Veganpower

Just received my Garmin 310xt. All good so far, I took it a long for a short spin to Decathlon and worked well. While I was there I picked up a B'Twin Speed/Cadence for £18.00. I've heard there are some problems syncing them to Garmins but mine picked it up straight away.

Top Bottom