Trick or treat?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
We put a note on the door, "Sorry, No Trick or Treat".

No callers, thank God. It's just a pain in the backside.

TreeHuggery

turns out the kids round here are really polite - where at our old house, we got lots of trick or treaters knocking, it turns out the kids round here don't knock (even if they know you) unless your house is decorated/pumpkins outside door etc .....

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Used to be turnips they carved faces on, but now, pumpkins. I live in a big pumpkin growing area, and my meeting took me within a few blocks of the big Nestle Pumpkin Plant(Libby's) on Wednesday. I and Mrs. GA didn't see much activity. When the harvest is on, they bring big semi-trucks and put them on a table that tips their contents out the back, and into some hopper or something. It used to be that after they were canned, the pumpkin cans would roll outside to cool a bit on a little trackway, then roll back into the plant. 80% of the world's canned pumpkins are produced here. Another big plant is in Princeville, Northwest of Peoria.
Pumpkin harvester, in action.
1490912JWA7808-660x440.jpg

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
Used to be turnips they carved faces on, but now, pumpkins. I live in a big pumpkin growing area, and my meeting took me within a few blocks of the big Nestle Pumpkin Plant(Libby's) on Wednesday. I and Mrs. GA didn't see much activity. When the harvest is on, they bring big semi-trucks and put them on a table that tips their contents out the back, and into some hopper or something. It used to be that after they were canned, the pumpkin cans would roll outside to cool a bit on a little trackway, then roll back into the plant. 80% of the world's canned pumpkins are produced here. Another big plant is in Princeville, Northwest of Peoria.
Pumpkin harvester, in action.
1490912JWA7808-660x440.jpg
Giant pumpkin cannon :hyper:. That thing needs turbocharging.

We put a note on the door, "Sorry, No Trick or Treat".

No callers, thank God. It's just a pain in the backside.

We did exactly the same. I really hate Halloween especially now as we have a dog that goes mental when the doorbell rings. I put a big sign on the door and it kept most people away except the one person who ripped down my sign and threw it onto the neighbours drive!

Top Bottom