Tricky - How much weight do you gain in winter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Christmas definitely seems to be the hurdle that piles on the pounds, self discipline goes out the window. We have a tradition to always exercise Christmas day morning, usually a cycle ride, but when I can afford it a ski holiday which always keeps the waistline trim. The thing is to feel justified in eating what you want on the day.
Right now we have about 3 litres of slow gin maturing in the airing cupboard party0036.gif so I've got a lot of justifying to do, not to mention the Gluhwein, luxury christmas pud........sod it, who am I kidding.

RabbitFood

I reckon i put on half a stone since end of summer due to job which mean i got US more to take cleints out and go to nice restrants, less cycling and being sub most weeks for my football team

defo hamstar

jimboalee

C'mon people.

Get yourself a cheap old bike and cycle in the rain.

The stream of cold water flowing down the back of your jersey and into and out of your shorts is ( being heated by your body ) effectively doubling your calorific expenditure.

My ride home tonight was as good as swimming.

Hont

Guru
I have a turbo trainer but you can't do the same mileage indoors - it's just too mind-numbing. Usually put on up to 6lbs in winter. Which bearing in mind I'm 10st 2lb mid-seaon is not insignificant.

dodgy

I work at home so this year plan to keep my weight all year round. I used to put on 6lbs or so over winter, but now I can get out during lunchtime for an hour per day which makes a huge difference.

trio25

Über Member
I usually do, but this year put a lot on over the summer so the plan is not to put any more on this winter!

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Dayvo said:
I've put on about 6kg pounds in 6 weeks since I stopped working.
So which is it, Dayvo - 6kg or 6 pounds? :smile:

Top Bottom