Tricky - How much weight do you gain in winter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a friend [rumoured] who has the natural attributes of a giant hamster, ie he lays down fat for the winter but by about May he's all svelt looking again. Is the amount of cycling you do directly linked to your weight?
I got lucky cos I'm tall so I burn energy sitting still, but if you are small....

I've put on about 6kg pounds in 6 weeks since I stopped working.

If I had the whole winter in Oslo, it'd be at least double that, but I'm soon off on a trip so should be down to my fighting weight (92 kg) by Christmas.

ChrisKH

Guru
I put on about half a stone between September and December and it has nothing to do with how much I do or don't cycle. I lose this come April/May. I am a hamster.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
ChrisKH said:
I am a hamster.

man_hamster_wheel_lg_nwm.gif

:wacko:

Yorky Bars are on sale at the local shop - 3 for £1 - so I'll probably be doing a Jan Ullrich and coming back fat as a pig in the springtime.

There's two of the little critters sitting in me coat pocket right now waiting for me to weaken.

ChrisKH

Guru
accountantpete said:
Yorky Bars are on sale at the local shop - 3 for £1 - so I'll probably be doing a Jan Ullrich and coming back fat as a pig in the springtime.

There's two of the little critters sitting in me coat pocket right now waiting for me to weaken.

I can't resist three Mars bars packs for a £1. But that's all year round. :wacko:

accountantpete said:

smiley-laughing001.gif

potsy

Rambler
Last year I put on about 18lbs between Sep and end or Dec.
But I wasn't cycling last year so hoping to keep weight gain to a minimum this time,not easy though so tempted by the Xmas goodies

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
I don't like the cold, dark and rainy weather so my cycling has been drastically cut back. But I'll make an effort to eat less (except for Christmas) and transfer my exercise regime to the local heated swimming pool, so hopefully I'll not put on any weight. Last winter it worked and I even managed to keep losing weight throughout the winter months.

darkstar

I'm in the first week of a 60 day training regime called the 'Insanity workout', costs $120 but found a free copy through torrents....
Come with everything from calendar, nutrition plan, video tutorials etc So i should loose a bit of body fat% and get a bit leaner this winter (christmas will put things off through)

Top Bottom