Tricross mudguards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sibaldib

Having now had my Tricross Sport for four weeks, I am absolutely loving it. (Many thanks to Norm for his guidance)

I would like to know what you recommend as a summer clip on/clip off mudguard. If I get home from work and it's raining I want to be able to fit something quickly which will do a reasonable job and then remove the next day if the roads are dry.
I do not fancy MTD type clip ons like Crudcatcher etc. Nor do I want a full mudguard set, although I will be fitting these once winter sets in.

Any suggestions please?

Sib

potsy

Rambler
They do the SKS Raceblades in XL version for wider tyres,around £30 I think. Was going to ask whether the Tri-cross has the fittings for full guards,seems it does then?

l4dva

Guru
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=25809

I had a set of these on my tricross, they were brilliant!

I got them at my LBS for about the same price as CRC. I wish I'd taken a picture of the bike with them on, they really did look good on the bike. I used to use them winter and summer on wet days they kept the spray undercontrol and kept me cleaner! They are pretty lightweight so happy days!

All you need to do is attach two small brackets, and then clip the gaurds on and off as required. For the money I don't think you will be disapointed nor will you feel the need to upgrade to ful mudguards (that in my opinon look old fashioned and probably weight a ton). These fit really close to the tyres too so you'll be well protected.

Norm

Having now had my Tricross Sport for four weeks, I am absolutely loving it. (Many thanks to Norm for his guidance)
No worries. :blush: I commuted on mine today and I rather like the extra size of the tyres over crap surfaces. B)

They do the SKS Raceblades in XL version for wider tyres,around £30 I think. Was going to ask whether the Tri-cross has the fittings for full guards,seems it does then?
I think that the Tricross has the holes for racks and guards. For anyone else, I'd go and check. :tongue:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Personally I'd avoid raceblades. I had them on my road bike for several months & the rear stays are now scratched quite badly where they were fitted :angry:
On my tricross I have SKS full mudguards & they fit fine, just be aware of the reduced toe clearance :thumbsup:

ACS

Legendary Member
I use SKS raceblades (XL) on my Tricross (700z25) but have taken the precaution of using strips of rubber (cut up an old MTB inner tube) to go between the rear stays and black plastics ection in the mudguard. Fit in a couple of minutes.

sleekitcollie

yes my tricross sport 2010 can take full mud guards and racks it has all the hole needed to fit them
i have sks mudgaurds fitted

OP
OP
S

sibaldib

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Looks like I should go for the raceblades, but do as suugested, and fit some innertube around the stays.

SKS look the answer for my full time winter set up.

Cheers

Sib

OP
OP
S

sibaldib

Just one further question - are the Raceblades easy to get on/off or is it a ten minute job? It's difficult to see from the photo on the website.

Thanks

Sib

potsy

Rambler
Takes me around 2-3 minutes I would say to re-fit them,taking off is 30 second job.
Cheers for the advice norm,knew i could rely on you
tongue.gif

Top Bottom