Trifox X16 Chinese Carbon Frame - Frame First Impressions and Weight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello all, wanted to share some pictures, weight and first impressions of my Trifox X16 carbon frame before I build it up. It came in a large box well packed with lots of foam, and I experienced no issues with the shipping. It looks to be fairly well finished, the headset and fork look pretty clean but there's a bit of excess paint inside some of the holes for the cables.
Here's some weights of the various parts:
Frame (987G)
Fork (427G)
Seatpost (179G)
Total weight is 1593G.
Going to build it up shortly and I'll make another post showing the build process.

Attachments

• DSC01909.JPG
    DSC01909.JPG
    348.3 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC01910.JPG
    DSC01910.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC01911.JPG
    DSC01911.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC01912.JPG
    DSC01912.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC01913.JPG
    DSC01913.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC01918.JPG
    DSC01918.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC01919.JPG
    DSC01919.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC01920.JPG
    DSC01920.JPG
    358.9 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC01921.JPG
    DSC01921.JPG
    269.9 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC01922.JPG
    DSC01922.JPG
    185.7 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
B

bikesnthings

Regular
You forgot to mention how much you are selling these for.

LOL! Not selling them personally but if you like how it looks you can check out "Trifox" online. I'll be posting the build soon enough so you can get an idea of how it looks fully put together.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
I believe Hambini and others made a video about this. Not the lightest, not the stiffest, not the best looking frame but supposedly good value for money. That is, until you consider 2nd-hand market, of course.

Shame you got it in all black. What is the minimum insert of that seat tube? It looks short. Also, any reason why photos of all holes - bottom bracket, headtube - are at an angle?

OP
OP
B

bikesnthings

Regular
I believe Hambini and others made a video about this. Not the lightest, not the stiffest, not the best looking frame but supposedly good value for money. That is, until you consider 2nd-hand market, of course.

Shame you got it in all black. What is the minimum insert of that seat tube? It looks short. Also, any reason why photos of all holes - bottom bracket, headtube - are at an angle?

Yep, I think he made a video about another frame from the same company. I wouldn't be able to tell you the minimum insert, as it's not labeled. No reason in particular for the pictures, I felt it could show the best detail that way.

Lots written about it in various forums on both sides of the pond. Positive reviews. The Chinese have come a long way. Service is also good. Wanted to get one to assemble for the fun of it but never seem to make the time. Impressed with some of their carbon wheels based on the reviews.

Enjoy the build and then the ride.

Top Bottom