Trike fun

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MartinG

Just back from 2 weeks in Scotland with a trike (ICE Adventure 3fs - courtesy of Laidback bikes) and family (including 5-year-old daughter). Didn't know such fun could be had with clothes on! Trike allowed me (frighteningly unfit due to a series of operations over the past 2 years coupled with natural laziness) to get up virtually anything without falling off, or to dawdle with 5-year-old. Also to hit ludicrous speeds on a long downhill (YYYEEEEEEEHHHHHHAAAAA) while feeling totally under control (i.e. able to enjoy it rather than ruining a perfectly good pair of trousers). What a blast - only question now is which trike will join my Fuego? (And how many children will I have to sell to pay for it?)

If you ride a 'bent and haven't tried a trike... (your bank manager is probably very relieved!). :biggrin:

Didn't Laidback warn you about the smug grin?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
So just so I understand it - this company hires them out for a trial for a week? If so I like that idea ... could be a good way to have a go on a recumbent - and give one a proper test. Do any other companies do this or even hire them for the day?

Sounds like a really good trip anyway.

I get on my trike and as soon as I start moving, the grin is :smile:
As soon as I start to pick up speed it goes to :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

MartinG

So just so I understand it - this company hires them out for a trial for a week? If so I like that idea ... could be a good way to have a go on a recumbent - and give one a proper test. Do any other companies do this or even hire them for the day?

Sounds like a really good trip anyway.

Speak to David at Laidback Bikes in Edinburgh: 07981 430159

He has quite a range of demonstrators - whether he can hire out for the week is liable to depend on what people he has coming in to try them out. He also does accompanied tours so you can get the feel of a recumbent on a fairly extended ride. Take a look on his website - www.laid-back-bikes.co.uk

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Do any other companies do this or even hire them for the day?
DTek in Cambridgeshire does test-rides, where you pay about £40 to ride as many of their trikes as you like, refundable against purchase. You could ask Kevin if he'd consider a straight hire deal instead.

Anyone is welcome to ride a Catrike for a day, or I can take people on a nice twenty mile ride through the Kentish countryside for a good test, I normally do the run in a little over an hour but we can slow that down for a test.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
At some point I'm going to have to give in and give it a try - maybe next summer ... I always read all these threads with interest ... but I wouldn't be a serious buyer at this stage ... I don't even know whether I would prefer 2 or 3 wheels ... but the want to lie down is there!!!

Top Bottom