Trike on order, shopping list so far...(finally received, with pics)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
I placed my order a few weeks back for my trike, and have pretty much covered all the bases so far on what I'm having fitted. I literally feel like a kid at Christmas with the anticipation on having this built up for me, so goodness knows what I will be like when I get the call to collect it.:wahhey:

I would sincerely like to thank David @Laid back Bikes for his superb customer service that he afforded me. Numerous questions via email/text/telephone were answered in a very timely manner, without a hint of 'pushing' the potential sale. I am fortunate to have his shop in my home city, so visiting him on occasions has been a frequent pleasure recently.

So far my trike build is composed of... Brand 'X' trike, fitted with...

Rohloff hub gear (16T)
Schlumpf high speed drive (34T)
Folding option
Fox float shock
BB7 brakes
Big apple tyres
Remix power strong wheels
Ventisit seat pad
Front & rear mudguards
Multi holder
Handlebar bag bracket + Ortlieb 6M bag
Head/neck rest
Front light holder
A unique bag which attaches to rear of seat via neck rest/seat bars
side bags
Son dynamo hub

The only things not chosen at present are mirrors (considering Zefal or Mirrycle, but open to suggestions), and dynamo powered lights (likewise, open to suggestions).

I'm having this done in a custom powdercoat colour with custom coloured decals also.

The suspense is killing me...:hyper:

Last edited:

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
Very sensible extras for ???????? Trike.

Can't speak for Zefals, but every bent I've owned I've used mirrycles, awesome.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Can we expect photos when it arrives? Well done and congratulations on your new aquasistion.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I hope that's a Schlumpf Speed Drive and not a Mountain Drive- as (a) An MD would break Rohloff's warranty conditions (and quite possibly the Speedhub itself) and (b) I doubt you'd need the equivalent of an 18t chainring!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Aye - Dave G is great, isn't he ! :thumbsup: Really top bloke and no hint of pressure - he just :wub: 'bents !

Sounds very exciting and mysterious :ph34r:. Looking forward to seeing it and riding with you !
radler.gif

OP
OP
flake99please

flake99please

I hope that's a Schlumpf Speed Drive and not a Mountain Drive- as (a) An MD would break Rohloff's warranty conditions (and quite possibly the Speedhub itself) and (b) I doubt you'd need the equivalent of an 18t chainring!

Edited. Its the high speed drive.

OP
OP
flake99please

flake99please

Update...

... and quite a significant one. The original trike that I ordered was awaiting the arrival of the Schlumpf drive prior to build commencement. In the preceding weeks up to that point the manufacturer 'let slip' on their Facebook page that they were prototype testing their new front suspension. I had originally wanted a full suspension trike, but settled on the rear only offering by this company due to their better 'one off' customization in other areas.

My original trike choice was going to be an Azub Tricon, but they have agreed to let me have (most likely) their first 'production' full suspension version instead. The official product launch will be at the SPEZI 2016 event in April, where my model will almost certainly be among their display. They hope to then ship my trike directly to me after the event.

I have seen videos of the system in operation (would love to share, but promised I wouldnt) and its truly an engineering marvel. Overall Im happy to wait it out for a couple of months to eventually get the full suspension trike that I originally wanted.

My original trike choice was going to be an Azub Tricon, but they have agreed to let me have (most likely) their first 'production' full suspension version instead. The official product launch will be at the SPEZI 2016 event in April, where my model will almost certainly be among their display. They hope to then ship my trike directly to me after the event.

... or attend show and ride it back

Top Bottom