triumph rodeo frame an forks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kent

Can anyone tell me what size the drop outs are or point me in the direction of a wheel set to fit.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Can anyone tell me what size the drop outs are or point me in the direction of a wheel set to fit.
Welcome Kent. I had a Triumph Rodeo As a youngster back in 1968, assuming it is the same frame. It had 26inch wheels with a 3 speed Sturmey Archer hub.
Some pictures would be nice.
I believe @Cycleops Had one as well if I remember correctly.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Yes Paulus you are correct. Here I am on it.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
The name brings back memories of them from 1964. I wanted one as it was the bike kids raved about. Turquoise metallic with a 3 speed twist grip gear changer .
That's the one, mine was metallic blue and gold. The same twist grip change. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of it.:sad:

OP
OP
K

Kent

Been to the local bike shop an got some ideas of parts that will be needed so hopefully have it running soon

Attachments

• 20200607_201129.jpg
    20200607_201129.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG-20200607-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20200607-WA0001.jpeg
    56.9 KB · Views: 9
Hi guys- think I’ll join this thread.
love a bit of cycling but never really been into the restoration much, though do service mine and kids bikes myself.
This week my old neighbour produced a bike and asked if I would be interested in “getting it going”. Turns out it was her bike when she used to cycle to school in the late 60s. It is a Triumph Rodeo ladies version. Doesn’t look like it’s been sat on or moved in 40 years!
To answer a question earlier- it has 24” x 1 3/8ths wheels and I think a 17” frame but haven’t measured that yet.
anyway, I have settled to “do it up” and was amazed to see with a little searching all of the parts Cana be sourced, even the old paint colour - Royal Carmine Red- gorgeous!
I will post photos if anyone is interested as i’m going along.

avecReynolds531

Veteran
love a bit of cycling but never really been into the restoration much, though do service mine and kids bikes myself.
This week my old neighbour produced a bike and asked if I would be interested in “getting it going”. Turns out it was her bike when she used to cycle to school in the late 60s. It is a Triumph Rodeo ladies version. Doesn’t look like it’s been sat on or moved in 40 years!
To answer a question earlier- it has 24” x 1 3/8ths wheels and I think a 17” frame but haven’t measured that yet.
anyway, I have settled to “do it up” and was amazed to see with a little searching all of the parts Cana be sourced, even the old paint colour - Royal Carmine Red- gorgeous!
Welcome to the forum & thanks for posting - sounds a good & interesting project.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Is that 26 x 1 3/8th wheels or is it a kiddies bike ?

They’re definitely 24”, but as I said it’s the ladies Version with the drop crossbar, it’s an 18” frame, so don’t know what constitutes a “kiddies” bike back in those days, but if compared to my own kids islabikes, which have 24” and 26” wheels respectively, so I guess the Triumph is for a wee sized person. Having said that my neighbour is about 5’2”, so would make sense.
Does anyone know the official colour of the sky blue? I found something that looks pretty similar on spray.bike but would be handy to get it exact.
thanks.

Top Bottom