Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm sure I checked under there this evening though.🤔 Gremlins playing games I suspect. :unsure:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Not my annoyance but a pal has decided to change broadband supplier and the new one BT will send a router by 3.30 PM on Friday.
Nothing turned up so phoned this in. Short while later the local OpenReach guy phoned to say he had instructions to install a new router and superspeed broadband. He had a router but it would not do as it is still old copper wire to this house. Meanwhile a new router turned up an hour later so he phoned the OpenReach guy and read out what was in the parcel. Then told not to bother with it as it would not do either.
Both of them are now trying to get some sense out of BT and his present supplier wants the old router back pronto or else big charges will accrue.
So no broadband until BT get the finger out.:wacko:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
How come every time I finish with the Big Sellotape I put a wee fold in the end, to make it easy for next time, but when I get to 'next time', there's no signs of a fold, and it takes me an hour & a half to find the bleedin' end.

Tribansman

Veteran
Adverts. Actually, one in particular at the moment...the one for Verisure alarms.

Aside from being ridiculously staged and wooden, it has this ridiculous, criminal line:

Person 1: so, you've had an alarm installed?
Person 2: yes, it's getting so dark these days

These days? THESE DAYS?!! :cursing: yeah, dark evenings in the winter are a real recent phenomenon. How did that get past quality control? Reads like something out of I'm Alan Partridge

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Adverts. Actually, one in particular at the moment...the one for Verisure alarms.

Aside from being ridiculously staged and wooden, it has this ridiculous, criminal line:

Person 1: so, you've had an alarm installed?
Person 2: yes, it's getting so dark these days

These days? THESE DAYS?!! :cursing:yeah, dark evenings in the winter are a real recent phenomenon. How did that get past quality control? Reads like something out of I'm Alan Partridge
ALL of the ads for Verisure alarms are annoying, the fake shock and horror. I can't decide whether it's very poor scripts, very poor acting or more likely both.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I bought a small Christmas window light/decoration yesterday. On paying for it I said to the shop assistant "If the lead doesn't reach the nearest socket I'll come back tomorrow and buy one of your extension leads". She looked at me in a kind of 'ok, let's humour him and play along with him' way. When I get home and opened the box I remembered it was battery operated, when she showed it to me. I feel such a berk! :blush:

Last edited:
Top Bottom