Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
This makes sense; I know a legally blind ambulance driver who seems to manage with one working eye.

Incidentally, he's legally disabled, and for some years German theory driving tests included the trick question: "Can a blind driver park in a disabled parking space?" The answer being "yes" I'll bet they stopped work for the day when they thought that question up...

My sister only had one working eye and drove legally with no problem.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
My sister only had one working eye and drove legally with no problem.

One eye OK for a car, but you need both to drive a truck. Not sure were the law kicks in on vehicle weight, though. Possibly OK up to, but not including, 7.5 tonnes.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Anybody who starts talking about their kids/grandkids etc and what they are doing etc. I'm totally not interested so why tell me? I have absolutely no interest in other peoples families. I also dont talk about my own because I dont want to bore people.

Or their holidays, their jobs, their [insert name of anything about them at all here!]... :whistle:

Let's face it - you just don't like them! :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
I parked my car on the double yellow lines directly outside my flat at 10am. I need to load it with things too difficult to carry to the disabled bay where I parked last night. Five minutes after parking it a nosy old git appeared, looked round to see if anyone was watching him then gawped at the time on the blue badge clock. I opened my kitchen window wide then slammed it shut, startling him, making him scurry off!:laugh: God, have these saddos nothing better to do in their lives that look for tell tale opportunities?! 🧐

View attachment 648796
You're not on double yellows, you're parked on the pavement.

Northern football team are paying £54 million for a Uruguayan striker. That's not including personal terms, agent fees, etc. Where's the money from if not from football fans? How can they justify this sort of money? I find it sickening tbh.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Northern football team are paying £54 million for a Uruguayan striker. That's not including personal terms, agent fees, etc. Where's the money from if not from football fans? How can they justify this sort of money? I find it sickening tbh.

All you'll get is/are football fans telling how he's a commodity and no matter how much it'll all cost he'll make a profit for the club (Manchester United).

I read an interesting observation the other day: If football clubs were required to get at least 50% of their line up from their home city, there would suddenly be an awful lot of money invested into local sports...

All you'll get is/are football fans telling how he's a commodity and no matter how much it'll all cost he'll make a profit for the club (Manchester United).

But the profit is obscene too. Campaigners talk of windfall tax on oil companies but why not on football clubs and footballers who earn vast amounts of money and football agents too?

Top Bottom