Trousers Q

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jezston

Über Member
When it's been cold and/or wet I've been wearing a pair of Gore waterproof trousers which I've been fairly comfortable in, however now it's got much ncier and warmer I've taken to wearing either tights or some lightweight walking trousers and I just don't feel personally comfortable in either - I feel a bit silly walking around the train station in tights, and the walking trousers are a bit too long and baggy.

So I've worked out exactly what I feel I need to be wearing right now - a pair of slim fitting but not tights tight, flexible, breathable, plain 3/4 length or ankle length trousers.

But can I find anything like that? Seems the world is full of slim fitting womens tracksuit bottoms, but ALL the mens stuff is super-baggy. I've seen some cycling stuff online which I think may be mountain bike gear but it's all incredibly expensive and covered in logos.

Does what I'm after exist?

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
How about these - or are they too baggy? http://www.sweatshop.co.uk/details.cfm?ProdID=5156

OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member
On the right track I think, perhaps, could do with finding somewhere I could try something like that on. Cheers!
Thinking I'd like something in a grey ... but that's getting a bit too specific perhaps :wacko:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
zexel said:
"...slim fitting but not tights tight, flexible, breathable..."

How about Ronhill Bikesters? Not sure if they still make them, but the 'Tracksters' are exactly the same I think.

Have a look on this page (have never used this site) but there are some more options too.

http://www.hikebikeandride.com/Products/ViewProduct.aspx?Product=3653

Don't think they make 'em anymore which is a shame as I ripped the knee out of my last pair a couple of months back.

OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member
Thanks chaps, those ... ahem ... knickers look pretty good - shame they only come in black.

Had a wander round the outdoor shops of Bakewell at the weekend and ended up picking up a pair of these which were on offer at £25:
http://regatta.com/product-detail.asp?pn=RMJ009#

They are fairly slim fitting despite how they look in the photo - MASSIVELY slimmer than regular walking trousers. The zippable side vents adds to the good breathability which is nice. I'm off to the folks at the weekend so I'll see if my mum might be willing to have a go at trimming the length and slimming the lower half a little more :smile:

zexel

Veteran
threebikesmcginty said:
Don't think they make 'em anymore which is a shame as I ripped the knee out of my last pair a couple of months back.

Funny you say that, that's exactly what I did to mine about 3 months ago. I did have a spare brand new pair in the drawer though :biggrin:. I did order some 'Tracksters' and as far as I can tell they are the same, apart from being a tiny bit longer and the different logo.

Humvees are a fairly slim fit on me, certainly not much flapping about. I have 2 pairs, one black, one blue and I'm sure the blue ones are a slimmer fit despite being the same size. Could just be my manly thighs of course. Click in liners and lots of pockets too.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Jezza,

You sure the stares at the train station are not towards your bastardised Kona bike?

OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member
Those stares only come from the other cyclists!

The only thing I don't like about getting rainy weather this time of year is that the train gets filled with the hardcore singlespeeders who normally cycle the whole Derby -> Notts route. The looks I get from them, man!

Top Bottom