TRP HYRD brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mythste

Veteran
That is food for thought

+1...

mythste

Veteran
Look forward to your review @Nibor ! I've realised that the judderyness Ive been experiencing from the front brake is less down to the pad and more down to the headset loosening off. The rear has been poor for the last few weeks but all of a sudden got its mojo back again. Witchcraft this.

OP
OP
Nibor

Nibor

Bewildered
IMG_20160919_165948.jpg

OP
OP
Nibor

Nibor

Bewildered
First ride with the brakes was on Monday.
Fitting the brakes was easy as they are post mount I have however extensive experience of fitting mountain bike disc brakes previously and these are as easy as any I have had.
Adjustment is easy with a firnger adjuster.
Power and modulation are excellent and are close to the Shimano Deore they have replaced once they were bedded in properly.
For my first set of semi mechanicals I am impressed.

Better still I picked up 3 sets of relacement pads for them for a fivver on the local facebook bike buy and sell page.
Kermit Drops.jpg

mythste

Veteran
Interesting! I got my Hy-Rds bled recently and they are performing fantastically again. Took my Genesis on a wee tour of Wales with 16kg of camping gear on the back and they stopped me wonderfully, even in the wet.

I do remember once when trying to change the pads one of the pistons slipping out, so in hindsight, that might have had something to do with the diminishing performance... :whistle:

OP
OP
Nibor

Nibor

Bewildered
Went for a moderately hilly ride on Saturday and found I had set the brakes a little loose 30 second tool free adjustment and working perfectly these brakes seem excellent.

Top Bottom