Truck kills 3 cyclists and injures 3 others

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Crankarm, 15 May 2010.

1. Crankarm

Crankarm Guru

2. 4F

4F Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby

That is not good

As for this comment ffs :smile:

Who should have right of way? Those who pay for it of course in license fees, Gas Taxes and many other expenses that motorists have to pay in order to use the road. What taxes are charged to cyclists for using the roadways?

3. hackbike 666

hackbike 666 Guest

Motorists have got a bee in their bonnets about this road tax thing and it wont clear now.

4. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

My brother lives in Michigan and he doesn't dare ride on the road, he says you are extremely likely to be wiped out by some dozy driver texting. Texting while driving is not illegal.

5. thomas

thomas the tank engine

I don't really have a problem if people fuss about us not "paying"...but as an argument when people are killed is a little pathetic.

6. gavintc

gavintc Guru

The accident is sad, tragic and horrific. What is truly reprehensible is the comment made some very sick people on the CBC site. This is not good.

7. Campfire

Campfire Über Member

In UK I don't think the vehicle road tax goes towards the roads, does it?

8. Bollo

Bollo Failed Tech Bro

D'ya know, I don't think it's a topic of conversation that's come up before.
    :biggrin:

9. buggi

buggi Bird Saviour

"The biggest problem is the fact that cyclists "think" they own our roads.

I would be a $1000 that one of the cyclists moved over to avoid a rough patch and inadvertently moved over too far and got clipped. The momentum of the cyclist who got struck took the others with them."

i stopped reading after this comment because it just makes my blood boil

10. gavintc

gavintc Guru

LOL, but the VAT on cycle helmets does.

11. AndyCarolan

AndyCarolan Do you smell fudge?

totally amazed by some of the comments on that news site... people died and others were injured afterall :biggrin:

12. I don't know why you all bother reading them. It's pretty obvious from the outset that they're not going to represent a cross section of rational and balanced opinion. I skim read the article and that was enough for me. Shame, but there we go.

13. Monsieur Remings

Monsieur Remings Veteran

RIP.

F@@@ing hideous.

Agree with Rhythm Thief, something as tragic as this will only draw in idiotic, sick, comments and why bother responding, even reading them?

14. whiskywheels

whiskywheels Guest

In the UK, all roads apart from motorways and some trunk roads, are funded by council tax. Most people who ride cycles also pay council tax. Motorways and some trunk roads are paid for out of 'general taxation', of which Vehicle Excise Duty (your tax disc) represents a miniscule sum.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice