Truly, I think I've had enough

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lanzecki

Über Member
This is about abandoned dogs. I'm man enough to admit this brings tears to my eyes.

Co. Limerick seems to have a problem with dogs being abandoned. There are several groups and shelters that do their best to rescue these unwanted pets. More power to them.

This lab was abandoned in some woods. Obviously an older Lab, but said to be fit enough after spending a few nights lost in some woods. unfortunately this is an all too often occurrence.
1557638_720439911307044_846391323_n.jpg

But, And this is what upsets me. The people that rescued the dog are pictured here :
1551610_721307297886972_25889448_n.jpg

They are clearing up.. Yes they found the dogs bed, bowl and... a tin of dog food.

How the owner thought a pet could open it... I despair of humanity sometimes.

For crying out loud, if you don't want a dog take it to a dog's home.

There is a ground swell of support for finding the owner. I'd like some time alone with them, but I worry that naming and shaming would give cause to dog's being abandoned more sneekly.

Thanks for taking the time. I feel better now.

Herbie

Veteran
This is about abandoned dogs. I'm man enough to admit this brings tears to my eyes.

Co. Limerick seems to have a problem with dogs being abandoned. There are several groups and shelters that do their best to rescue these unwanted pets. More power to them.

This lab was abandoned in some woods. Obviously an older Lab, but said to be fit enough after spending a few nights lost in some woods. unfortunately this is an all too often occurrence.
1557638_720439911307044_846391323_n.jpg

But, And this is what upsets me. The people that rescued the dog are pictured here :
1551610_721307297886972_25889448_n.jpg

They are clearing up.. Yes they found the dogs bed, bowl and... a tin of dog food.

How the owner thought a pet could open it... I despair of humanity sometimes.

For crying out loud, if you don't want a dog take it to a dog's home.

There is a ground swell of support for finding the owner. I'd like some time alone with them, but I worry that naming and shaming would give cause to dog's being abandoned more sneekly.

Thanks for taking the time. I feel better now.

I'm totally with you....difficult to believe people who abandon animals...looks a fine dog I hope it gets a good new home

sazzaa

There was a dog abandoned north of here near a main road with a tray of unopened dog food tins (i think one of them had been left open)... people are sickening, no excuse for that shoot. Thankfully there are a lot of people who will see an abandoned animal and help rather than pretend it's not there.

JayMac

If i see a homeless person, i can walk on by and do nothing.

If i see a dog thats abandoned, theres no humanly possible way i could walk off.

People that can ignore suffering have something wrong with them.

JayMac

Me and my missus rescued a labrador puppy. Owner had fed an 8 week old puppy huge slices of rotten steak and blocked his stomach.
He didnt want to pay for vets bills because "its only a damn dog"

We took the dog there and then and after 600 quids worth of vets bills we now have a 7 month old labrador

Attachments

• 20131121_181758.jpg
    20131121_181758.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 23

buggi

Bird Saviour
As weird as it sounds... i feel more sorry for animals that are suffering than i do for humans who are suffering...
probably bcoz you know how cruel humans can be.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
If i see a homeless person, i can walk on by and do nothing.

If i see a dog thats abandoned, theres no humanly possible way i could walk off.

People that can ignore suffering have something wrong with them.
But you just said that you ignore homeless Humans. If you can leave a fellow human being in the street, but help animals. You must have something wrong!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
What I have said several times about the human race in the past will be be well documented on here, so I'll spare you all it again, but needless to say Nuclear Apocalypse would be too good for some people.

Anyway, we have/had rescue dogs, and wouldn't hesitate once more to get one once Cindy dies. Honestly, we'd get some now, but Cindy wouldn't like it, so we now have to wait. She is 10, so we might have another 4 or 5 years yet.

Last edited:

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
The difference is the human can help themselves. Social services, a hostel for instance. I don't think the local dog's home has dog's knocking on their doors. Yet.

The poster stated "If i see a homeless person, I can walk on by and do nothing." - If people take this approach how is a homeless person supposed to help themselves?, with no money they are not going to be able to obtain food or shelter.
Like the dog these people are neglected, troubled and in need of help. The ability to knock on a door does not mean you are going to get the help required, you have to be fortunate enough to come across someone who cares, someone who is not willing to turn a blind eye and walk on by.
Our towns the country over have people begging on the streets and asking for help, yet many many people choose to walk on by.

I would even suggest that the pretty little, cute dog has more chance of getting help than a smelly, filthy, unshaven and down beat man as people do not wish to admit how society continuously neglects and fails the latter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom