Truly, I think I've had enough

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Who's entrenched?

It's not a pointless discussion.

It's just a challenge of an assumption that there's only one set of acceptable values.
Yep, sorry Vernon, it certainly wasn't aimed at you personally and TBF, shouldnt have added it in this discussion. Your words just chimed at that momentn with a general view i have of CAD.
No offence intended. I knew exactly what you meant, i was using it deliberately ( and perhaps clumsily) out of context. Not the right place tho TBF.

Back OT,
its really quite simple, we're too soft. Anyone found guilty of mis-treating, or abandoning a pet really should be banned for life from ever having one again.

JayMac

But you just said that you ignore homeless Humans. If you can leave a fellow human being in the street, but help animals. You must have something wrong!

There are countless schemes all over the country aimed for getting people off the streets.

In liverpool we have the "no second night out" where teams find people sleeping rough and bring them into hostels. So theres no reason to ever sleep rough in the uk.

Lots of these beggars we see on the streets are infact already in the hostel system.

But how many abandoned dogs can go sign a piece of paper and get themselves a hostel bed?

Ill stand by what i said, ill go out of my way to help/feed an animal. But i wont with a person.

If that makes me a bad person. So be it

buggi

Bird Saviour
It could be argued that keeping dogs or any other creatures as pets is wrong in the first place....
absolutely. What a jumped up species are we to think we have any rights over animals at all, to keep as pets or farm? It was never intended like that I'm sure but alas, now we have domesticated them we have sentenced them to a life of misery without us, and sometimes with us.
I'm quite into nature and love looking at stars, planets and stuff, not that i know much, just like to look at the big picture. I feel very sad that we, as humans, just mess up this very unique planet, maybe one of its kind. I do feel this planet would way more beautiful without us. And if animals could describe the devil... He would definitely be in human form.

gbb

Legendary Member
Are people angry because the dog is suffering or angry because a human has caused it? The large majority of wild animals die in the winter from starvation.
Whilst I have no time for individuals that buy a dog and then abandon it, the suffering of the dog needs to be taken in the perspective of millions of other animals that die from starvation in the UK every winter. Dogs, badgers, foxes, deer......all the same to me
To a degree of course, this Is true, but only to a degree because we have taken the dog out of its natural habitat and moulded it to a degree where its almost completely dependent on us. I think most people would therefore agree, that makes us especially responsible for its welfare...underneath, thats probably why people get so upset when this kind of thing happens

buggi

Bird Saviour
Are people angry because the dog is suffering or angry because a human has caused it? The large majority of wild animals die in the winter from starvation.
Whilst I have no time for individuals that buy a dog and then abandon it, the suffering of the dog needs to be taken in the perspective of millions of other animals that die from starvation in the UK every winter. Dogs, badgers, foxes, deer......all the same to me
angry bcoz the human has caused it on more than one level. First they domesticated it, which means it no longer can fend for itself, and then bcoz they took it on and abandoned it, knowing it can't fend for itself.

gbb

Legendary Member
absolutely. What jumped up species are we to think we have any rights over animals at all, to keep as pets or farm? It was never intended like that I'm sure but alas, now we have domesticated them we have sentenced them to a life of misery without us, and sometimes with us.
I'm quite into nature and love looking at stars, planets and stuff, not that i know much, just like to look at the big picture. I feel very sad that we, as humans, just mess up this very unique planet, maybe one of its kind. I do feel this planet would way more beautiful without us. And if animals could describe the devil... He would definitely be in human form.
I watched a programme the other day, cant remember what, but It was concerned with the relationship between dogs and humans and how we became accepting of each other.
in prehistoric times, dogs (wolves) followed humans, sure of picking up remains of our kills. As they became more used to our presense, we benefited as they alerted us to nearby predators.
its been a mutual thing since cavemen were around.

buggi

Bird Saviour
I watched a programme the other day, cant remember what, but It was concerned with the relationship between dogs and humans and how we became accepting of each other.
in prehistoric times, dogs (wolves) followed humans, sure of picking up remains of our kills. As they became more used to our presense, we benefited as they alerted us to nearby predators.
its been a mutual thing since cavemen were around.
hmmm more mutual on one side I'm thinking. So they nicked the odd scrap and we were alerted to predators. Mutual yes... Until that is humans started to put them on leads and in pens and started to feed them so they no longer needed their hunting skills. ... And then, many centuries later, we can no longer be bothered and chuck em out. Good job some of us can still be bothered

400bhp

Guru
The difference is the human can help themselves. Social services, a hostel for instance. I don't think the local dog's home has dog's knocking on their doors. Yet.

Think about what you're saying and what other have said about putting animals first.

Do you still think that?

Doseone

Guru
I find the human race's arrogance as far as animals are concerned to be breathtaking. One day in the future, when we have discovered just how sentient animals are, we will look back on how we treated them with horror and shame.

400bhp

Guru
The difference being that dogs are pets and can't really fend for themselves in the wild, I'm angry because its a human that has caused it to suffer.

When we were at the SSPCA getting our rats they were telling us about people who have a dog for 10 or so years, get bored or it needs more vet trips, take it to a rehoming place then bugger off and buy a puppy in place of it, how people can just get rid of something that has been part of the family for years is beyond me

Did this dog suffer?

OP
OP
Lanzecki

Lanzecki

Über Member
Did this dog suffer?

2 days in a forest. Temps averaging 3 Degrees. Raining constantly. Left there while it's owner that had presumabally cared for and loved it for 9 years (thought to be the dogs age). The dog sitting there with it's food, bed and bowls. Yes I can say it suffered. And while it's now in a dogs home with food and heat, it's probabally still suffering. The difference? It cannot express that distress.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
There are countless schemes all over the country aimed for getting people off the streets.

In liverpool we have the "no second night out" where teams find people sleeping rough and bring them into hostels. So theres no reason to ever sleep rough in the uk.

Lots of these beggars we see on the streets are infact already in the hostel system.

But how many abandoned dogs can go sign a piece of paper and get themselves a hostel bed?

Ill stand by what i said, ill go out of my way to help/feed an animal. But i wont with a person.

If that makes me a bad person. So be it
In my book it does....So be it!

Top Bottom