• Trump

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Clinton

Votes: 113 77.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
Difficult decision, but Clinton for me, Trump is a lose cannon and a danger to world peace. Clinton is a rather ineffectual time server. YUK!

What you on about? Clinton was Secretary of State and was directly responsible for the formulation and application of American policy in Libya. That is absolutely indisputable. That's Secretary of State - the head honcho for foreign policy and relations. The Boss, the Gaffer, the person with whom the buck stops.

150,000 dead and counting since America got involved in this particular countries internal affairs, and then walked away from the disgraceful mess that'd helped to create.
Can't argue that American policy in Libya is and was fecked up and made a bad situation 100 times worse. And Clinton did persuade her colleagues in Government to act, including the President who as the actual Boss and Gaffer approved all military actions. So yes, awful to say the least, but the blame sits across all those who voted yes to act and not solely on one of the people who supported bombing. Also, by US law, nothing illegal and so far no indictments.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Can't argue that American policy in Libya is and was fecked up and made a bad situation 100 times worse. And Clinton did persuade her colleagues in Government to act, including the President who as the actual Boss and Gaffer approved all military actions. So yes, awful to say the least, but the blame sits across all those who voted yes to act and not solely on one of the people who supported bombing. Also, by US law, nothing illegal and so far no indictments.
Indeed. She didn't act alone. Nor was it the first - nor, I fear the last - time America has seen fit to throw its weight around with dubious motivations. I'm old enough to remember when the US didn't just get stuck in to remove despots like Gaddafi (admittedly grotesquely underestimating the forces they would thereby unleash) but would positively aid and abet such monsters as allies in their endeavours to keep down uppity peasants wanting to take control of their own coffee or bananas.

No one much likes Clinton, that's a given, nor do many regard her as free of fairly damning taint. But this is a poll with only two options, and while one is ambiguous, the other is a total loose cannon - and that's a very dangerous prospect for Commander in Chief.

To paraphrase Polly Toynbee at the time of the first post-Blair election, this is a time for anyone with a brain and a conscience to hold their nose and vote for the only possible option, however compromised.

RWright

Guru
I tried selling my vote but I couldn't get over 5 dollars for it so I will not be voting for either of these two. It isn't worth the risk of being called to serve jury duty in district court. Every time I vote it seems like within a year I get summons for jury duty. I also feel like if these two are the best they can come up with that something is broken.

I tried selling my vote but I couldn't get over 5 dollars for it so I will not be voting for either of these two. It isn't worth the risk of being called to serve jury duty in district court. Every time I vote it seems like within a year I get summons for jury duty. I also feel like if these two are the best they can come up with that something is broken.
There are others you can vote for.

RWright

Guru
[QUOTE 4546759, member: 9609"]someone put his vote up for sale on Ebay during the scottish Indy ref and the police went and arrested him - serious offence apparently.[/QUOTE]
:ohmy:
I just put it out in a chat room that I have had to endure some Clinton and Trump supporters for the past year or so. I don't think I will get in trouble. I do find it ironic that big money controls government with lobbyist and that it would be illegal to sell my vote. I am not sure but seems like I recall that you don't have lobbyist there. At least not legally.

RWright

Guru
You recall wrong my friend. Very wrong.
:okay: I stand corrected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom