Trying to find Brompton seat post bung for pre 2017 models

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CEBEP

I'm trying to find seat post bung which is screw fixed that was used on pre 2017 Bromptons. Anyone could suggest where I can find one to order online ? Local Brompton dealers can't help. Here how it looks like.

Thanks for any help.

Fastpedaller

I'm very late with my answer, but in my defence, I'm the only answer? :laugh:
There are many plastic push-in plugs on Ebay (very low-price also) -- Use a vernier to measure your seat pin internal diameter and select from the many listed with accurate dimensions on a chart.
I used one of them (with a little trimming) for my 2017 Brompton (pump contained in seat pin). It's possible to trim the 'ribs' on the plug, and of course, the flange on the outside to suit. After trimming a 'neat finish' can be achieved on the ribs by using a lighter!
I got 3 plugs to experiment with for less the £5 IIRC

Schwinnsta

You may find a seller on eBay but since they are not available anymore I would make one from a test tube stopper. They are rubber plugs that are drilled in the center for narrow tubes where you could place a bolt. You could counter sink each end for the Bolt head and for the nut which you could epoxy in. Just an idea.

berlinonaut

Veteran
I think if you don't find any NOS at a Brompton dealer you will be out of luck. The newer version also fits the older seat post and is lighter and cheaper, but also gets lost from time to time. You could drink a bottle of champagne of your choice and use the cork for the sea post.

u_i

Über Member
After I lost the new style for the second time, I went back to the old one. Certainly the old style is out of the online pipeline now.

Top Bottom